Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Can anyone help me locate some Biostrip 20 in the USA?  (Read 4969 times)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
Can anyone help me locate some Biostrip 20 in the USA?
« on: September 15, 2015, 06:43:18 PM »
I need to strip some old plastic minis & everyone seems to swear by this stuff but I can't find it in the USA! Anyone know of any sources stateside?
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Can anyone help me locate some Biostrip 20 in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:27:24 PM »
I have never heard of Biostrip, but I have successfully used Simple Green on plastics. I get mine at Home Despot, but it is pretty widely available.

Offline ShortscaleDave

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 10:38:40 AM »
Basic Dettol works a charm on plastic minis. If they are the type that plastic cement don't work on just don't leave them in there longer than it takes or it will start to soften the plastic. Standard poly type plastic and PVC doesn't get touched.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 10:23:50 AM »
On their website they have an email to contact them regarding international purchases - perhaps if you contact them, they can advise on any local stockists and/or give you a quote to ship the stuff out to you directly.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:38:37 PM »
On their website they have an email to contact them regarding international purchases - perhaps if you contact them, they can advise on any local stockists and/or give you a quote to ship the stuff out to you directly.
I tried, they can't ship to the USA, same with Amazon & Ebay UK. They advised as of right now no US carriers. I'd really like to try it though, from what I've seen it strips plastic like a champ with no damage. I know some folks swear by Simple Green or Super Clean but I've not had much luck with those. I've tried to find Dettol but I think it must be called something else in the states. 

Offline Kensboro

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »
Somewhere I've read that Simple Green (which used to be fantastic at stripping miniatures) is now made with a more environmentally friendly formula, and doesn't clean/strip as well as it used to.

But "Purple Power" supposedly still contains the same chemical that used to make Simple Green work so well.
That's great, as Purple Power is cheaper than Simple Green, and is very easy to find here in the states.