Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:32:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689726
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Minairons Hispano-Suiza MC 36 Armoured Vehicle in 1:72  (Read 2240 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Minairons Hispano-Suiza MC 36 Armoured Vehicle in 1:72
« on: September 17, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
Hello
i've posted also in another forum but i still have some doubts
i've just bought the above mentioned vehicle in 1:72 from Minairons..nice subject and well designed model…but, also having read the info available on the net i have some questions please to anybody who know the subject:
i've read that it was used by both side…originally commissioned by the Republicans..then some captured by Nationalists..the most famous picts appear to be the one with the iconic lettering "Columna Madrid"..which is also kindly provided in decal set of the box…another pict on the web mention the lettering "…Comunista"..which easily intentify it as a Republican vehicle…but while surfing on the net i found this pict from a modeller..
link
without any doubt a well painted model..but the with he decal/letterings "Columna Madrid" and the the comunist symbol?..in my opinion a slogan like "Columna Madrid" could refer only to a Nationalist vehicle…any ideas please on how to use the appropriate decals and identifying the model..personally i would prefer to use a Republican armoured truck not a Franquist..but the letering on the sides, above the slogan provided in the kit,  are a nice view also at this scale.
second question: in wargame therms (Rapid Fire- Rompan el Fuego) such an improvised vehicle will fire only with his turret hotckiss MMG (i'll choose this version not the one with the added T26 turret) are also, as mentioned in the rules for some of such kind of improvisede AFV , also with some of the crew's rifles ?..maybe with such a big truck some of them could fire from open hatches?
thanks in advance

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
Re: Minairons Hispano-Suiza MC 36 Armoured Vehicle in 1:72
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 06:37:20 PM »
Apologies for having  noticed this thread so late. Please allow me some minutes to compile an answer.

Best regards,
Lluís
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 07:03:34 PM »
Decals for this model kit can be divided into three different sets, each one encircled in a particular color in the image below:

The green circle comprises markings for a Nationalist MC-36 belonging to the feared Columna Madrid. The large Nationalist flag is placed at the AFV rear, right below the text "¡viva España!". "Columna Madrid" texts are placed at both sides.

I must say that a second vehicle belonging to that same Column seems to show identical markings at the rear, but again "¡viva España!" at the sides replacing the column's name. Also, that another vehicle (a different or the very same first one?) shows "Tte. Col. Asensio" on the right side at least (that standing for one lieutenant colonel of that name).

Markings in the blue circle stand for one particular Nationalist MC-36, that one with a T-26 turret adapted onto it. Red-yellow-red cockades on each side, while the fascist yoke-and-arrows device should be placed on the fore mudguards:

Purple circle joins a couple of randomly selected Republican symbols. I had no ways to learn the precise markings of none of the loyalist MC-36. True that one shows a side lettering that includes the word "comunista", but I was unable to learn anything else about it:

As a matter of fact, there were no ultimate evidences that this one was actually a Republican vehicle: it might equally have been a Nationalist car stating to have been "captured to Communists". Besides, both crewmen depicted are wearing a pre-war uniform, making it impossible to identify them by the look only. Unwilling to commit a serious error, I chose to ignore that precise sample and include there just generic markings.

Hope this helps,
Lluís
www.minairons.eu
minairons-news.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/MinaironsMiniatures

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:10:08 PM by Lluís of Minairons »

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 07:50:10 PM »
Lluis thanks very much again...excellent explication backed by a difficult but good  research...but for once in my life  that i elected to act as a "good boy",and very politically correct plus so generous as to assign  your nice toy creation to my Republicans minis...well ..after to your explications i cannot resist to return to my first and never lasting love..the franquists..and give the vehicle to my BOUM banderas and Minarons inf. ecc...i cannot avoid to use the iconic  decal "columna madrid"...your fault..not mine ;) :)
thanks again for the nice minis and vehicles you produce for SCW
Pier

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 12:22:08 AM »
Very useful thanks- I've one in the painting queue currently.