Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:02:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gaslands: A Game of Post-Apocalyptic Vehicular Mayhem, to be published by Osprey  (Read 8700 times)

Offline crikeymiles

• Bookworm
    • Gaslands.com
Hello!

I'm tremendously excited to let people that Osprey have this week picked up my post-apocalyptic car combat game, Gaslands, to be released in late 2017 as part of their Osprey Wargames Series!  Read more here.

In Gaslands, you build a post-apocalyptic racing team, made of bikes, cars, trucks, big rigs, buggies and busses.   You equip your vehicles with an array of weapons and then fight for money, gas and reputation across a campaign progress system consisting of alternating races (for money and reputation) and wasteland scraps (for resources and the gas you need for the next race).

Gaslands is unashamedly inspired by Gorkamorka, Bloodbowl, Cars Wars, Battlecars, Thunder Road and is designed for kitbashed matchbox and Hot Wheels cars.

I'm looking for playtesters to make Gasland the most fun that it can be.  If you are interested in getting involved and helping to shape the game, head on over to Gaslands.com, or let me know in this thread!

Thanks!
Mike
Gaslands - Post-Apocalyptic Vehicular Mayhem, to be published by Osprey.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Wooo! That's some serious news! Congrats, really! :)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
I'd help w a playtest. Unless it is wayyyy out there, I probably have everything I need vehicle-wise.

Offline crikeymiles

• Bookworm
    • Gaslands.com
Awesome!  It should match the models that you have already.  The only difference is that you're a racing team, so if you wanna look like a boss, you gotta have team colours, or a sweet logo, and numbers on your trucks!

If you're serious about playtesting, create an account on the Gaslands site and I'll give you access to the super secret playtester's page! http://gaslands.com/playtesting-sign-up-thread/

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Very cool. I look forward to it! I have a certain beast to deploy...  lol

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
I'm in. I just registered at your site and was told to check my email but nothing has come through yet. I am a huge fan of car wars Dark future etc. so will enjoy helping playtest gaslands

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
Sounds interesting, how many vehicles roughly are needed per team?

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Congratulations, I'd be interested in play testing. PM me.  ;)

Offline crikeymiles

• Bookworm
    • Gaslands.com
Very cool. I look forward to it! I have a certain beast to deploy...  lol

AWESOME!  I have something very similar waiting to hit the table... Demon truck!

Offline crikeymiles

• Bookworm
    • Gaslands.com
I'm in. I just registered at your site and was told to check my email but nothing has come through yet. I am a huge fan of car wars Dark future etc. so will enjoy helping playtest gaslands

Have PM'd

Offline crikeymiles

• Bookworm
    • Gaslands.com
Sounds interesting, how many vehicles roughly are needed per team?

3 to 5 roughly, but the campaign system is basically just in my head at the moment, so playtesters are going to have the opportunity to help guide the answers to these kinds of questions!  8)

Offline crikeymiles

• Bookworm
    • Gaslands.com
Congratulations, I'd be interested in play testing. PM me.  ;)

PM sent!

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
Well, I'll need to make a few more vehicles before I'll have enough for playing but would definitely be interested in play testing.

Offline crikeymiles

• Bookworm
    • Gaslands.com
Well, I'll need to make a few more vehicles before I'll have enough for playing but would definitely be interested in play testing.

Awesome!  For now, there's nothing stopping you getting started with just one vehicle each if you'd like.  I'd love to know if anything breaks or isn't fun with smaller games, (ditto with mega games), to help me make it the best it can be.  Gotta test 'em all!

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
Would be interesting in playtesting this - can create the 'gaslands' on my desert boards (minus palmtrees  :D)

plus I have some vehicles/figures

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/battlecars-28mm-post-apocalyptic-road.html

please PM me...