Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691135
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SLA Industries miniatures (now with my project blog 10/08/16)  (Read 5923 times)

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
SLA Industries miniatures (now with my project blog 10/08/16)
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »
This is one of my favourite RPG settings, I have been waiting to see miniatures for this for almost 20 years, I have pasted thefollowing face book comments as I think it explains why their selling this miniature in this format, I am sure they will be available latter in metal or plastic.
( mods if it is not OK to copy and paste quotes from other sources)

"What is this Daruma / SLA thing all about? What are we up to..? Well.. we have several goals:
- To create a SLA Skirmish Tabletop game, rich with all of the factions, races and tech that you have all come to know and love. This game will initially be set in CS1 but over the 5 years beyond its launch expand into other Arenas of the SLA Universe.
- To republish SLA 1.0 RPG, as many of the original publications that are now out of print as possible and to expand with 1 or 2 new publications that never made it to print
- To make SLA a Gamer household name with a range of superb merchandise and "cool" stuff such as the bags, hoodies, Tees, etc that we have already begun to sell.
Lofty goals - but how do we get there.. ? Well, to be really honest what we need most of is time and money. And as time is money.. that means more money! We considered Crowd Funding such as Kickstarter but disregarded that for many reasons, so we have come up with a few other ideas that we very much hope will work and over the coming months will enable us to produce the RPG reprint, Skirmish Game, many miniatures and more.
In addition to the Monthly Merchandising we will be launching, on the 1st of October - the Progressive Range. This is a monthly series of SLA Products such as a high quality 32mm Resin Miniature, a very Ltd Art Print and a Ltd Edn Tee shirt with artwork by Dave Allsop created specially for the Progressive Range.
At £25 a month, if we can get up to selling 3-400 or more of these packs globally we can fund most of our plans within 12-18 months. That means.. in a little over a year you could be playing SLA: CS1 the wargame. We appreciate that this may take some time to achieve, but very much hope for your support and that you will help us spread the word of Mr Slayer and welcome many new fans to the World of Progress.
The first months' Product bundle is already up for pre-order;
https://www.facebook.com/daruma.productions/app_251458316228
Next month, we have a couple of very cool items - a Halloween Themed Tee shirt (now what could that be..?) and the Progressive Range will focus on the ubiquitous Downtown Shiver.
Welcome to the World of Progress."

Here is the first figure, he represents a 7 foot creature so is 37 mm tall, other figures 32 mm,  could be good for a brute type.
sorry cannot link to photographs, (new tablet still learning how to use it)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:08:48 PM by elysium64 »

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: SLA Industries miniatures
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 06:07:39 AM »
Nice  :D
How to get one?

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
Re: SLA Industries miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:15:04 AM »
Worked out this tablet so now I can give you pictures, comes with three hand options

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
Re: SLA Industries miniatures (now with pictures)
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 04:37:33 PM »
Id get a couple, but I have zero interest in a T-Shirt or an Art Print  lol

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 11:57:30 AM »
Id get a couple, but I have zero interest in a T-Shirt or an Art Print  lol

This. Very silly marketing. Sell the items separately.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 11:27:04 AM »
They were on sale at Derby show last weekend. Very nice, regret not getting one now...
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 07:01:57 PM »
Received mine in the post yesterday very nice miniatures, should finish painting them tomorrow.
They have released a Shiver miniature now, but as well as the t-shirt package they are offering the chance to pre-order a squad of 5 multipose figures.
http://daruma.productions/?~~mode=product&~~id=56354319#!/SLA-OPS-Pack-Downtown-Shiver/p/56354319/category=15240024
Pick of initial render here
https://m.facebook.com/daruma.productions/photos/a.828412320603212.1073741828.826212510823193/849006701877107/?type=3&source=48.
I will post pics of my painted Scav tomorrow.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
AGAIN I dont need T-Shirts with everything LoL

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »
But with the squad order the t-shirt is free  ;D

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »
But with the squad order the t-shirt is free  ;D

Nothings ever free Dude

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »
If they start doing Ebons, Brainwasters and Stormers, I might jump in. I may need a bigger wardrobe though…  lol

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 06:36:34 PM »
They are planning to do Operatives sometime in the next year, they have hinted at "sooner than we expect", what ever that means.....

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 12:34:01 AM »
Worked out this tablet now a few more pictures and the concept for the next model.
Firstly the Shivers squad, they have recently confirmed that these will come with 5 different body sculpts,

From there page:
The Shiver is 1 of the Iconic Images of the World of Progress, the subject of much derision from the SLA Operative on the street - the Shiver is a hard working and much beset upon symbol of Mr Slayers power on Mort. The Shiver will be 1 of the first 4 full factions to appear in the SLA Industries: CS1 Skirmish Wargame due for release in 2016, but due to popular demand we would like to make them available far sooner.

We have come up with, what we believe, is the ideal plan for funding the considerable costs involved in developing 5 Shiver sculpts (each different from the Progressive Range Ltd Edition version) and releasing them in a Shiver Patrol boxed set, comprising of;

1 x Shiver Sgt alt. armour configuration

4 x Shivers in standard armour

1 x Shiver Sgt unhelmeted head with goggles

5 x Standard Shiver helmets with dreads

5 x Standard Shiver helmets without dreads

10 x mixed weapon configurations including;

- Gauss Pistol left / right hand variants

- Sgt carrying sanctioned FEN603 in left / right hand variants

- Gauss Rifle in varying carrying poses

- Night stick left / right hand variants

Plus perhaps 1 or 2 surprises ;)

- between the Helmets, weapon mixes, poses etc.. this will allow you to build and equip approximately 50+ different potential Shivers, more than enough to take part in the CS-1 Skirmish Game Beta testing next year.

So, how do we make this happen you ask? How do i get my hands on these Shivers??

- Simple, we take pre paid orders for 50 of these boxes, as soon as the 50th is sold we instruct our Manufacturing people to go ahead and make them all. Each of you will then get a 5 Man box of shivers with the weapon mixes and options outlined above.

- We can retail these boxes at £30 for a box of 5 high quality Metal Miniatures or a box of 5 high quality Resin for £40, however, the offer doesn't stop there!! - the First 50 of you to purchase these will, in recognition and thanks for your support and helping us make this happen, receive a Green Shiver Tee with your name (or callsign) on it as well as the Order no. of the 50. I.e. order no. 1 could be 001 - Allsop printed on the left breast below the Shiver logo.

Someone asked for a size comparison, remember he is a big creature

The next model also sold in same fashion as the Shiver (human sized)

I would like to assure you I have nothing to do with this company it is just I have always liked this IP and would like to see them succeed.
I am waiting on some clear bases and will then be able to post pictures of my SCAVS
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:40:18 AM by elysium64 »

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
Re: SLA Industries miniatures (now with my project blog 10/08/16)
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 09:29:11 PM »
Reserecting this thread as I have now started painting my SLA miniatures in time for their open day on 20th August, am now on Holiday until then, and will continue painting this evening and tomorrow all day and from then as long as it takes.
I finished Delia the Destroyer a while ago but have not posted yet, will replace with a better photo later. A joy to paint, 35mm figure, with beautiful modelling.

I have nearly finished 8 Shivers and a vehicle for them (only can use vehicle as scenery for moment) and 3 Scav's,  still to paint one more Scav (converted to a scout with an automatic shot gun, mines and a camo cloak), Halloween Jack and 3 Carrien. Should e able to complete this over next three or four days.
Got distracted today discussing some proposed AI rules to allow solo and co-op play for the New rules currently being kickstarter and doing very well.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darumaproductions/sla-industries-cannibal-sector-1/description
Whilst doing this today I also built my first bit of scenery using some old Necromunda bulkheads, will d no more work on this till the above miniatures are painted.

What I will be painting tonight and tomorrow.