Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:48:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Thaw of the Lich Lord Nickstarter launched  (Read 57145 times)

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Thaw of the Lich Lord Nickstarter launched
« Reply #360 on: December 07, 2015, 05:48:21 PM »
You don't get bases with the metals just as part of the plastic box sets.

Offline ImhotepMagi

• Librarian
    • Deep Dark Dungeons-A hobby blog
« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »
I see. I've never gotten the metals before. Oh well, I'll have a rummage round the ol' bitz box.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2015, 06:43:03 PM »
I see. I've never gotten the metals before. Oh well, I'll have a rummage round the ol' bitz box.

Brigade Games USA keeps the Renedra bases in stock so you could order from them quickly. Since I started pulling stuff for Frostgrave, I've been ordering bases directly from Renedra or Brigade regularly.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #363 on: December 07, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »
Metal washers. Same size, same thickness, gives your plastics that old school heavy lead feel.

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #364 on: December 07, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
yes and really at wilkinsons..

Offline ImhotepMagi

• Librarian
    • Deep Dark Dungeons-A hobby blog
« Reply #365 on: December 07, 2015, 08:48:53 PM »
It's okay, gents. I have bases lying around. I just didn't know they didn't come with any and wanted to make sure. I'll get it sorted.

Offline Kegluneq

• Bookworm
« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2015, 03:31:15 PM »
Ah, mine finally arrived.  Unboxed it last night, started divying up parts.  I love it.  A few observations:

(1) I can see what some people are saying about the axe part on the cultist sprue.  I have tons of axe arms from things, so it's not a major concern, but the first one I tried to remove from the sprue actually broke before I even got started.  Busted axe parts will now be used for terrain decoration I suppose.

(2) The armored skeletons look great, but the pole for the poleaxe (pole-pick?  Pole-sickle?) is very thin.  The hand is thick enough, though, that I'll drill it out and replace the pole with a brass rod. 

(3) The lich wizard and apprentice look great too, but I'm pretty worried about the staff on this guy.

(4) There was that moment of surprise when I didn't find a giant, white gorilla, snow troll, or genie & lamp.  Then it hit me that these were extras unlocked for purchase, not items included, and I never went back and increased my order to include them.  Ach!  C'est la vie I suppose.

The plan now is to get four gangs together and sell my RPG and board game group on the idea.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
Ah, mine finally arrived.  Unboxed it last night, started divying up parts.  I love it.  A few observations:

(1) I can see what some people are saying about the axe part on the cultist sprue.  I have tons of axe arms from things, so it's not a major concern, but the first one I tried to remove from the sprue actually broke before I even got started.  Busted axe parts will now be used for terrain decoration I suppose.

I had been reading the posts here long before my shipment arrived, so I took special care when cutting the axe arm loose from the sprue. It sucks that it broke before you even started. Some people have been reporting that it broke in a ball-and-socket form, so they could put it back together.

(2) The armored skeletons look great, but the pole for the poleaxe (pole-pick?  Pole-sickle?) is very thin.  The hand is thick enough, though, that I'll drill it out and replace the pole with a brass rod.

Great idea! I might have to consider that.

(3) The lich wizard and apprentice look great too, but I'm pretty worried about the staff on this guy.

Once you have them based, the staff should be reasonably well protected.

(4) There was that moment of surprise when I didn't find a giant, white gorilla, snow troll, or genie & lamp.  Then it hit me that these were extras unlocked for purchase, not items included, and I never went back and increased my order to include them.  Ach!  C'est la vie I suppose.

Yeah, I had the same reaction when I tried to order the Deal X minis 5 days after it was announced. You had to order them before the end of business on November 2nd. Ah well.

The plan now is to get four gangs together and sell my RPG and board game group on the idea.

I've gotten a guy at work interested, and he got two or three of his buddies interested. Now I'm working on my fiancee, her kids and my daughter. I'm working on warbands for all of them. My daughter's warband is going to be themed around Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, my fiancee's daughter is getting a "Frozen" themed Warband. My fiancee's son is getting a Templar Knight themed warband (He likes knights). My fiancee will be getting a warband consisting of minis sculpted by Kev White (she loves his detail to anatomy). I also have a couple of friends whose interest I just sparked and I will probably get them a copy of the rule book since they have tons of minis already.

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2015, 06:15:07 PM »
I've gotten a guy at work interested, and he got two or three of his buddies interested. Now I'm working on my fiancee, her kids and my daughter. I'm working on warbands for all of them. My daughter's warband is going to be themed around Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, my fiancee's daughter is getting a "Frozen" themed Warband. My fiancee's son is getting a Templar Knight themed warband (He likes knights). My fiancee will be getting a warband consisting of minis sculpted by Kev White (she loves his detail to anatomy). I also have a couple of friends whose interest I just sparked and I will probably get them a copy of the rule book since they have tons of minis already.

I also have plans for a Frozen themed warband (easy with the "Anna" and "Elsa" miniatures) since my children are obsessed with Frozen.  I haven't considered a Snow White theme; great idea to get a dwarven warband in the mix and as a lure.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #369 on: December 08, 2015, 07:24:36 PM »
Renedra have fixed the axe issue for future production runs. My apologies to you guys with the bust axes

Offline Kegluneq

• Bookworm
« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:07 PM »
Cool.  But yeah, I have so many arms with hand axes from my regular frostgrave mercenaries, perry plastics, warlord plastics, and more ... I can live without those axe parts.  No sweat, Nick, and I'm a happy customer.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2015, 10:05:06 PM »
Cool.  But yeah, I have so many arms with hand axes from my regular frostgrave mercenaries, perry plastics, warlord plastics, and more ... I can live without those axe parts.  No sweat, Nick, and I'm a happy customer.

Between the Cultist box, Fireforge parts and the free sprue of soldiers I got with the NickStarter, I built 10 distinct Death Cultists and 15 "Bad Guy" Soldiers, including a Crow Master and an Apothecary. I am extremely happy with my NickStarter purchase and I can't wait to see what will be made available for the "Into the Breeding Pits" release.

Offline Awesome Adam

• Scientist
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2015, 12:16:33 AM »
DAMMIT. I just realized that I didn't get my sprue of soldiers with mine.

Offline ghostmaker

• Student
« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
Still have to receive mine. Sadness!  :'(

Offline weirdocollector

• Student
« Reply #374 on: December 10, 2015, 07:19:38 AM »
I've noticed that some the minis from the DealX have been placed on the Northstar online store.

Any news about the shipment of the DealX to the nickstarters ?

Thanks.