Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Mini Campaign For Frostgrave - The Vision Quest of Alatum  (Read 1755 times)

Offline JKW92

• Schoolboy
A Mini Campaign For Frostgrave - The Vision Quest of Alatum
« on: September 25, 2015, 05:05:52 PM »
Hello all!

Me and my friend have been playing the bejeezus out of Frostgrave, and he had the bright idea of writing our own individual mini campaigns in the style of "The Hunt for the Golem."

The document attached is a beta copy. I considered not sharing it until after it'd gone through the gauntlet of my own playtesting, but I think it's best to gather as much feedback as possible. Feel free to post suggestions and criticism below. I wrote this 20-page campaign over a period of 2 days, and I realize mistakes are inevitable. Both a PDF and Word version of the campaign are available below.

So, without further ado--

Foreward (Taken from the document)

The Vision Quest of Alatum is a mini-campaign for Frostgrave: Fantasy Wargames in the Frozen City. Over the course of three scenarios, the wizards and their warbands will receive visions sent to them by an ascended Druid about an ancient demon threatening to return and wreak havoc across the world.  They will then venture into the wilderness, construct a temporary base, and attempt to complete the vision quest and defeat the demon—with the Druid's personal help.

This campaign is thematically in line with Witches. However, no particular advantage is given to any school of magic, with the exception to the spell Crumble in Scenario 2. Players are given free reign to modify these scenarios or the custom campaign rules any way they wish, and are of course free to develop scenarios of their own based on the vision quest.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:10:10 PM by JKW92 »

Offline JKW92

• Schoolboy
Re: A Mini Campaign For Frostgrave - The Vision Quest of Alatum
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:20:20 PM »
I'd like to say that, while I'm new to the forum, I'm having a lot of fun browsing everyone's projects. If anyone has any comments about the mini campaign (even if it's just from reading / skimming), I'd like to hear them.

Thanks!

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:05:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing your work with us. Unfortunately my phone does not support downloads so i cannot access it so have no feedback to give. Thanks none the less, and good luck.

Offline Nooblord

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:13:11 AM »
Only had a chance to skim the document so far but looks interesting and fun :)