Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690883
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What do you need?  (Read 789 times)

Offline Luddite

• Scientist
    • The Shire and everything after
What do you need?
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:01:07 AM »
Hi all,

Reading through the rules it seems you need a minimum number of specific buildings and scenario objectives, and also a minimum number of creatures in addition to your warband.

Does anyone have a list of the 'minimum stuff needed'?

I'm about to start building and i'm trying to figure out what i need.
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo the thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
Re: What do you need?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »
There is no set amount of either needed.

Best advice for scenery would be the more ruins and other scatter terrain the better - you don't want too much open space providing lots of areas with long uninterrupted line of sight to stop missile troops and some wizards' spells dominating the game.

For wandering encounters the answer is whatever you've got or fancy getting use them, even if it's 'counts-as', and what you don't have don't worry about.if you roll for something on the random encounters table that you don't have just roll again, or even better make your own table based on what you have.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: What do you need?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »
Wot Tyrion said +1
Use what you have/ want to paint.
We have set our's in a long lost Egyptian City, why? because we have lots of scenery (aren't aquatic shops wonderful) We do not encounter Ice constructs, snow leopards et-al. we bump into:-
giant ants; scorpions, mummies etc. Why? because we already have them.