Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:05:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Has anyone heard from Conquest Miniatures?  (Read 11749 times)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Has anyone heard from Conquest Miniatures?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 08:15:27 PM »
I just heard from Eric. It sounds like things are back on track. He mentioned the possibility of releasing Miamis, Seminoles, and canoe passengers next month with the regulars to follow in a month or so after. That gives me enough time to finish my marines and possibly even to finally finish my Eureka highlanders!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 12:27:24 AM »
thats great! Just in time for me to start a new Min buying spreay ^_^
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »
thats great! Just in time for me to start a new Min buying spreay ^_^

When did the former stop...?  lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »
I have seen greens of the Brits, so they do exist. The last time I heard from Eric the main holdup was that his mold maker was ill. I know it took him a long time to find a mold maker he was happy with, so he was probably waiting for him to recover.

are said greens on line some were?

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 06:30:36 PM »
Seminole greens are here:

http://www.conquestminiatures.blogspot.com/

Miami greens:

http://www.conquestminiatures.com/500-015.htm

No online pics of the F&IW regulars anywhere, or the canoes mentioned on the site.
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »

are said greens on line some were?

I do not believe so. I helped dig up reference material for the sculptor, so Eric gave me a sneak peek.

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
    • http://www.conquestminiatures.com
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »
People, it is true. The creature they call Eric is alive and kicking. An exploratory team made contact with the beast a few days back and reported the encouter immediately to the local populace. Even now a hunting expedition has been assembled and will soon embark on a quest to capture this illusive animal...

My sincerest apologies for the lack of updates or responses, I have been extremely busy in my personal life and haven't been online too much, in a business capacity anyways. I went out and got one of those job things this time last year and it has slowly consumed my free time. Evil I tells ya!

My mold maker is indeed Brian at Majestic Mold Making. He was very ill over the last 6 months or so, and I chose to stick with him as he is the best mold maker I have found. If you compare your Frontiersmen B and Marines C and D packs to any of the other releases you've purchased, you'll see what I mean. Well, He is currently healthy enough to continue working so I have shipped him all the greens and/or masters I had and I have even had some of the stock returned, ready to sell (though I'm waiting for a few more so that I'm not releasing a pack at a time)

I will be able to start selling the Miami and Seminoles in the next couple weeks ( I have to sort them, package some for retail etc.). I may add them to the store in the next few days and if you see them there feel free to order them, just know that it might take a few days or more to get the order out, in case I'm waiting for a pose or two. (a Pre-order if you will)

The Special Edition Magua and a Special Edition Christmas Miniature will be released shortly after, Hopefully in time for Christmas, but we'll see, as well as 5 packs of canoe men (2 Rangers, 2 Marines, 2 Frontiersmen, 2 indians and 2 Indians wearing shirts, each with a resin canoe). I'm thinking the timing will be a little off on these and they'll show up after Christmas, but it should be December for sure. Either way, I'll put up pre-orders for them all and get pictures up this week as well, probably Thursday.

January will be the first pack of regulars. Not sure how many will be done by then, or cast so I'll have to wait until we get there. Please keep in mind that Majestic casts for several people, all who have been waiting for work, so I have to be patient.

The most important thing to remember, despite my enthusiasm and grand ideas/plans/dreams, that Brians health is more important than toy soldiers. I have chosen to wait it out all this time hoping that he would get healthy and to continue to give him my hard earned cash as he has a family too. I knew eventually I'd have to make a decision about my mold maker, but I felt that he would come through and work again. So, here we are, better late than never. Plus, you can't go expecting anything on time from Conquest, as that would just be uncharacteristic of me and than you'd expect stuff on time from me, all of the time. ;)

So grasshoppers, new release are just around the bend and hopefully it will hold you all over for the next stuff.

The plans for the regulars will be simple to start;

1 pack of regulars marching.
1 pack of regulars command marching.

The idea is to buy multiple packs for unit building. I will then have the more animated poses cast up for variety etc.

I will try and keep everyone posted as it gets closer to release of the regulars.

In the meantime...

It's not cheating if your stupid.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
Yay! Eric is alive!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »
Oh thats great! I guess we can call off the search partys and have all the ships return to port too.

I really mean this becuase I am planeing on starting my FIW project soon to  :D

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
Huzzah Eric he looks great too :D

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 07:27:09 PM »
That's great news, Erc. Good to hear that Brian is recovering.

Looking forward to the new F&IW stuff (canoes and reg'lars, oh my!) and the Seminoles.

And the mounted Comanche.

And....well, everything ellse, really! o_o o_o

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 07:57:50 PM »
Great news Eric - the christmas figure is a treat too!
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline SFrost

• Lurker
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 08:18:15 AM »
This is great news! looking forward to the regulars.

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen a red before.  What's this sculptor using?

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
Redstuff for Red Men.

sorry