Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KickStarter] Ghetto Miniatures Kickstarter is now live  (Read 8441 times)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Re: [KickStarter] Ghetto Miniatures Kickstarter is now live
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 11:03:32 PM »
I haven't backed yet but as a massive fan of The Warriors I absolutely will be before too long- just have to decide at what level!

Will this line be available at retail later? I can definitely see myself picking up some more of the gangs at a later date.

Yes ill have a website that will have all of the KS gangs and future gangs available.....well that's if the KS funds haha.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
 Concept art to green part 2
As promised are here some more Ghetto Miniatures concept art to green pictures. It shows that we are making sure our figures stay as close to the concept art as much as possible.

The project needs your support to make this range come to life :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/553354256/ghetto-miniatures-1970s-new-york-gang-skirmish-gam

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 09:59:11 AM »
Ok, I pledged. The figures are great, hope in 18 days you will reach the goal.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
Ok, I pledged. The figures are great, hope in 18 days you will reach the goal.

Than you. Me too  :)

Offline Maccwar

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 09:33:58 AM »
I've not seem the film myself but I thought you chaps might appreciate this.

Most of the cast members that made up the titular street gang in the 1979 cult classic The Warriors reunited on the Q Train on September 13th to take one last ride together to Coney Island, where hundreds waited at a fan-organized event celebrating the Walter Hill-directed film. "These subways are different than they were in 1978," actor Michael Beck, who played the head-Warrior-in-charge Swan in the film, told Rolling Stone on the voyage to the Boardwalk.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/watch-the-warriors-recreate-their-last-subway-ride-home-20150923

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 09:35:20 AM »
I've not seem the film myself but I thought you chaps might appreciate this.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/watch-the-warriors-recreate-their-last-subway-ride-home-20150923

I would have loved to have been in Coney for it :(

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 04:44:44 PM »
How flexible are the rules in terms of gangs and stuff? Is it set gangs like the minis indicate with their own stats and stuff or can you create your own gang completely?

Do you improve your gang members in campaigns, capture turf etc?

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »
Cait Sidhe: Any figures can used. The stats are broken down into ranks for the gang members. Warlord, Lieutenant, Street Soldier and new Blood. These can be used to build you own gangs.

The campaigns will look at you fighting over a map of new york with your stats, weapons and gang increasing as you gain more money.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 12:21:30 PM »
We are now in the final week and we really need your support to make the project happen as it's yet to fund. Every little piece of support will go a long way to helping the project come to life.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/553354256/ghetto-miniatures-1970s-new-york-gang-skirmish-gam

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
Sadly the Ghetto Miniatures Kickstarter project didn’t meet the target that was required to fund. I want to thank everyone who did back the project to the end and a special thanks to the backers who have given me lots of advice. I have learned a lot about running a campaign and I have taken on board lots of the advice that has been given as well seeing myself where I could have improved.

I’m going to take some time to gather my thoughts on what I want to do with the range and where I go with it. I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on what I do next.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
Sadly the Ghetto Miniatures Kickstarter project didn’t meet the target that was required to fund. I want to thank everyone who did back the project to the end and a special thanks to the backers who have given me lots of advice. I have learned a lot about running a campaign and I have taken on board lots of the advice that has been given as well seeing myself where I could have improved.

I’m going to take some time to gather my thoughts on what I want to do with the range and where I go with it. I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on what I do next.

Those miniatures are so funky it would be a shame not to see them come to fruition.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »

Damn. Sorry to hear that mate. Still think you have a winner there though!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV