Forum > Other Adventures

New "Fat Dragon Games" cardstock village

(1/5) > >>

Gluteus Maximus:
Didn't know the best place to post this, so opted for the good old stand-by of "Other"  lol.

Includes the following:

# Basic Street Tiles
# Old Town Church
# Brick Style Building (upper and lower floors)
# Stone Style Building (upper and lower floors)
# Stucco Style Building (upper and lower floors)
# Stone & Wood Style Building (upper and lower floors)
# Dormers
# Chimneys
# All buildings feature our exclusive Dragonstacks design
# Optional
# 2D tiles for each building

The "Steampunk roof complete with boiler and smoke stack" is especially appealing........

PDF only $9.99 [or $7.99 if you've previously bought any of their other products], it's a bargain in my eyes.

It has many uses, from medieval, through to 19thc and of course Fantasy. A lot of it would also be very useful in present day UK and North Europe.

I've just bought mine from here:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?cPath=587&products_id=58827

itchy:
looks great might just be what i need for my modern quiet english country village hot fuzz style .I have never built any card buildings how hard are they to do?

JollyBob:
Holy heck, have you seen this bad lad from their Dwarf Dungeon set?

:o

Having a look through all their products I realised that if you got the village, and a bunch of the dungeon stuff, you could recreate Baldur's Gate on the tabletop. It would look great, given the CGI-ish look of the buildings etc.

Gluteus Maximus:

--- Quote from: itchy on November 13, 2008, 10:42:48 AM ---looks great might just be what i need for my modern quiet english country village hot fuzz style .I have never built any card buildings how hard are they to do?

--- End quote ---

Actually a lot easier and quicker than other building types. Being card, it doesn't matter if you make a balls-up of it. Just chuck it in the recycling bin and print another. Either use thick card with card re-inforcement at strategic points, or print on paper and then glue to a suitable interior such as foamcore.

Fellow LAFer Audrey has an excellent tutorial here:

http://13threalm.com/blog/how-to-drive-yourself-insane-with-paper-terrain-and-foamcore

Gluteus Maximus:

--- Quote from: JollyBob on November 13, 2008, 10:59:09 AM ---Holy heck, have you seen this bad lad from their Dwarf Dungeon set?

:o

Having a look through all their products I realised that if you got the village, and a bunch of the dungeon stuff, you could recreate Baldur's Gate on the tabletop. It would look great, given the CGI-ish look of the buildings etc.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have that one too. It should be very quick and easy to build and you can have a table-full very cheaply if you want  :D

I'm hoping the buildings will look good next to the Worldworks Games stuff, which is also top-notch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version