Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: If I got this right, it is my introduction and is on the introductions page!  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Grantavius Kennarius

• Lurker

And if I got it wrong- admins, please delete or move if possible.

I'm a long time gamer, occasional lurker, and play various rule sets- in the last month I have played Judge Dredd, Flames of War, Future War Commander Skirmish, Future War Commander 6mm, Black Powder colonial and I tried out the Evil Empire's new game. Once.

I grew up in Westville, South Africa in circumstances of comparative advantage during the apartheid era. My time at Westville Boys' was marked by an inability to play any organised sports and indifferent attempts at amateur dramatics; I was more successful in debating. After a period reading theology I went into the SADF in 1986 and served through 1988, seeing combat in Namibia and Angola.
At the end of 1988 I refused orders when the Rules of Engagement were changed [as did many others]; charges were dropped when President de Klerk came to power. I returned to military service as a volunteer, and saw service in townships and as part of SA and Crown interventions elsewhere in Africa. I worked in municipal libraries before being elected a full-time trade union representative, after which term I worked in museums.
I took the financial inducement created to change the demographics of eThekwini’s municipal employees and emigrated to New Zealand, my experiences having led me to believe that the prospects for a rights based democracy were rapidly diminishing in SA.

I work with people suffering pervasive developmental disorders. I am married with two children.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hello and welcome to the forum  8)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Welcome.
Sounds like you've led an interesting life.

Happily, the only things we're concerned with here are model soldiers and gaming. No politics, current affairs or religion allowed.

Enjoy the forum  :)

Offline Amonglions

• Bookworm
Hello,

I was supposed to emigrate to New Zealand myself, but I somehow ended up in Canada.

Saw you were playing Judge Dredd. Are you using Mongoose's rules and figures or something else? Rather partial to Judge Dredd myself.

Cheers.

Offline Grantavius Kennarius

• Lurker
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Mongoose's rules, but mostly figures from thirty odd years of collecting weird stuff.