Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:41:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

My next painting project should be...

Heresy creatures
8 (10.5%)
Uncharted Seas fleet
2 (2.6%)
Small goblinoid army
3 (3.9%)
Steam pirates
14 (18.4%)
Ramshackle vehicles
8 (10.5%)
Fantasy treasure hunters
6 (7.9%)
20s investigators and scary things
27 (35.5%)
Bob Olley dwarfs
3 (3.9%)
Fantasy handball team
1 (1.3%)
Chaotic cavalry/machinery
4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: November 10, 2008, 11:58:54 PM

Author Topic: What Should I Paint Next?  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
What Should I Paint Next?
« on: November 03, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »
Hello,

Let's try a little experiment of cooperative painting. Well, actually it's me who paints but you have a chance to suggest something.

After finishing that certain diorama project I finally have time for some more relaxed painting. The thing is that I have a bunch of fairly well planned, but only barely started or half-finished projects in my drawers. I'm not sure where to start so I'm going to let you decide.

- You can submit two votes for projects you'd like to see finished first.

- It's not 100% guaranteed that I'm going to do your favourites first, but I'll certainly give them more emphasis. Let's say that the two highest ranked will be among my next three projects or something like that.

- The following descriptions are purposely left slightly ambiguous. I want to leave some surprise factor there. ;)

- There's no "other" option. You can post your silly suggestions to the comments, but they'll go to the next poll at earliest - if I like them, of course.

- This poll will be open for 7 days. Results will be visible after you vote but please don't spoil them too much.

The options (in a pseudo-random order):
  • Heresy creatures - A bunch of assorted, mostly demonic nasties from Heresy Miniatures. I bought a pile of heavy stuff from various summer sales. They're high quality models from lower levels of hell. They could make a fine demon warband, for example.
  • Uncharted Seas fleet - That lovely game of naval fantasy warfare by Spartan Games. I have one of those starter fleets and plenty of ideas for terrain. Join the navy?
  • Goblinoid army - I've always loved adamesque gits with an attitude. They're weedy, noisy and highly amusing. A few units should be fairly fast and fun to paint.
  • Steam pirates - OK, they're Warmachine compatible, but there's no official PP model in sight. What could they be then? Based and undercoated, just in need of some paint.
  • Ramshackle vehicles - Our favourite producer of multi-wheeled, post-apocalyptic makeshift madness. You know the deal, right? You definitely should.
  • Fantasy treasure hunters - There's a dark, vile city out there. It's full of weird creatures and greedy explorers. Some would say it's not even real. Yes, I'm talking about...Trondheim. My warband is already half-finished. Is it adventuring time?
  • 20s investigators and scary things - It may cost me a bunch of sanity points but it should be worth it.
  • Bob Olley dwarfs - I bought plenty last spring, just in case. Well, now he's back. I'm not bitter. In fact, I did regret leaving some of these short fellows unbought and now I have a chance again. They're wonderful. Go get some if you don't have them already. If you do, buy some more.
  • Fantasy handball team - This winter's league has just started. My goblins are playing. There are a couple of other teams in my lead mountain too. Should I paint one for the next season?
  • Chaotic cavalry/machinery - Even more fantasy. Lots of fascinating oldschool models and strange conversions. You haven't seen any of them in this particular form before, I promise. Well, that could apply to all of my projects but still...
-
Seven days, ten options, two picks each. Votes count but you can post your comments too if you feel so. Go!

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
Re: What Should I Paint Next?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:26:27 AM »
Voted for the 20s investigators. Can't get enough of inspiration for my own project of gangsters and cthulhoid monsters... :-*

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:29:56 AM »
I couldnt vote. I didnt find the ballot to come to my house and start painting my mountain of lead. :-)

Grimm

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 07:35:08 AM »
Hmm, can you guess how I voted?!

Actually, Im quite interested in the 1920s stuff, sounds fun!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »
I voted for the 20's investigators and the setam pirates, I just liek the sound of them. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 09:01:17 AM »
oddly enough I voted for the same - the 20s investigators sound very cool!
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:09:45 AM »
At least, you know to sell your projects !

I voted for the Chaotic cavalry/machinery because of

Lots of fascinating oldschool models

and the goblinoid army, cause I like big units  ;)

meow,
Matt
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
Uncharted Seas!!!

Awesome game, great miniatures and I need inspiring! o_o

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »
Must admit I voted for the Heresy beasties.Love the Vampire bat and ghoul sculpts.
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
Looks like you're going to be painting 20's investigators!

Serves you right for asking the Lead Adventure Forum where there's quite a majority fixation with al things 'between the wars'  lol

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 07:58:14 PM »
The funny thing is that I don't know how the poll is currently going. "Results visible after voting" applies to everyone, including myself, and I'm not going to vote. Therefore I'll only see the results after the deadline.

However, I had my suspicions from the beginning. It's not a random choice that I gave you two votes each. ;)

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 11:45:55 AM »
at the moment is pirates and 20s people.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »
Alright, investigators it is. A couple of orders are already in, going on top of my existing lead pile. Currently I'm painting some other stuff which I started while the poll was still open, but I'll try to get the 20s folks started as soon as possible.

By the way, is there any civilised way to get Steve Barber models? Sending credit card details via email or making international calls don't count. While I like pulp as much as you do, I'd prefer some ordering method which isn't from the 20s. Thanks for any advice.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 05:44:05 PM »
Steve Barber models are real 25mm figures, not the new heroic ones, but they go well with the cheaply available vehicles.  Having put orders in, and seeing him at Reading last month, I can say that he is very efficient..........
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
He is at Reading (Warfare) this weekend drop him a line and he could reserve stuff for you.