Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:19:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic swashbuckling has arrived...  (Read 13069 times)

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
Re: Plastic swashbuckling has arrived...
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »
It would be nice if Warlord were to take a photoi of one of their ECW figures next to a Revegade/Bicorne, a Perry and a TTG figure so we can see which ranges they will be compatable with.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »
I'm sure someone will get round to that in due course.
Suspect that what they have shown so far are '3-ups' - the outsize masters - rather than the actual scale figures...

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 09:07:33 AM »
Looking good...

Just need to know how big they're going to turn out...  ;)

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »
@Cpt. Blood: There was talk on the Warlord Forum about the miniatures being "Perry sized". That seems reasonable, regarding Warlord's Ancient ranges. So I don't think they will mix that well with Bicorne/Renegade. Good for me as I'm a Perry-addicted, both of their own and the Foundry ranges. :-*

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
@Cpt. Blood: There was talk on the Warlord Forum about the miniatures being "Perry sized". That seems reasonable, regarding Warlord's Ancient ranges. So I don't think they will mix that well with Bicorne/Renegade. Good for me as I'm a Perry-addicted, both of their own and the Foundry ranges. :-*

Ah - thanks Mad Doc.
Bad for me, as I'm a Bicorne / Renegade man...
There again, I now have 140 foot and gunners and 90 horse, so don't really need any more anyway - so perhaps it's a good thing that they're going to be too small for me...

I am hoping however, that they'll produce some plastic artillery pieces. I need some more guns of various sizes, and whilst both the TAG and Bicorne pieces are excellent, one box of mixed sized plastic guns from cannon and culverin to saker and falconet would do the job just nicely...

Here's hoping. Unfortunately, I'm betting they'll probably only do foot and horse in plastic. I bet they'll produce metal guns, same as everybody else...  ;)

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »
Finally, some news and shots of the finished miniatures are here. Have to admit: great stuff! (Although I miss the supports for the muskets. :'( ). Looking really forward to these miniatures.  :-*

And a few 3ups of the cavalry (still waiting for some old-fashioned German Reiters though...)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 04:21:35 AM »
Oh yeah baby!!!
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
Now those painted examples do look very good indeed. The proportions look right and if they are the same height, they should fit in well with the Perrys' figures  ;D

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:11 PM »

... Have to admit: great stuff! (Although I miss the supports for the muskets. :'( ). Looking really forward to these miniatures.  :-*

From what I can see of the figures, I think that a musket rest should be quite easy to add… maybe using florist wires would do?

And yes this is great stuff!  :-*
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »

... Have to admit: great stuff! (Although I miss the supports for the muskets. :'( ). Looking really forward to these miniatures.  :-*

From what I can see of the figures, I think that a musket rest should be quite easy to add… maybe using florist wires would do?

And yes this is great stuff!  :-*

It's not that the rests couldn't be added, but inital statements suggested the rests being supplied with the miniatures. Won't deter me from buying a box or two. ;)
If only they were compatible to Perry sizewise... *fingers crossed*

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »
Actually, I think it's a bit odd NOT to include those. Easily sculpted and would not take up much extra material. They could even had made them an extra sprue of 24 rests to include in the set.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 05:39:24 PM »
 Y' know, I was trying to ignore these, hoping that they would eventually go away if I didn't think about them, but I see now that this is not going to happen. Damn Warlord Games... :-[
*Starts to search for my Warhammer ECW book*
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 08:44:19 AM »
After playing in Capt. Blood's 'border reivers' game at the BLAM, I really am itching to get some 'pyke and shotte' minis. I HAVE to resist until I get some more unfinished business solved, though.... (my bought vs. painted ratio is going astray already....)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2009, 06:27:22 PM »
They are looking better and better with each new photo;

And, for those who like them, they do have some musket rests included!

Although it does seem odd to me that they will have a box each of Royalist and Parliamentary boxes. Surely their was no difference  ???

Whatever, I for one can hardly wait, especially if it means more variation in poses etc  :D