Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
A few questions...
« on: October 15, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »
1.) Can a figure with command nominate another figure with command who in turn can move as well as nominate 2 addional figures (which could also have the command skill and so on...)?   I see nothing in the rules that indicates this would *not* be allowed.  Also, MiGo seem to have an ability similiar to this with "Hive Mind".

2.) Are witches really afraid of their own undead?   :o  (perhaps I am just whining on this one however...  ;)  )

Thanks for feedback,
Scott
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:21:38 PM by Grumbling Grognard »
Scott Clinton
(aka The Grumbling Grognard)

Offline hummus

• Librarian
Re: A few questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »
q1) thats how it worked for first edition that you could chain nominations

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:28:31 PM »
1. Yup. You can do this. And when the points allow for it, should do this. Also a great way to increase the size of your games...playability wise anyway.

2. Yes...ish. 4 out of 7 Undead models are Hideous...so, just don't touch them (sound advise).The other 3 of 7 also cause Fear...stay more than 5" away! Granted this can be a bit harder to do. However, if you aren't a betting crone why not spend an extra point or two on some Skills? The Witch has a Res. of 4+ and thus qualifies for the Fearless and/or Rugged Skills. I like to up my game (now and then anyway...) and bring the Fear by making my Witches Surly.

:)

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 12:14:09 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!

Scott

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 03:25:58 AM »
1. Yup. You can do this. And when the points allow for it, should do this. Also a great way to increase the size of your games...playability wise anyway.

2. Yes...ish. 4 out of 7 Undead models are Hideous...so, just don't touch them (sound advise).The other 3 of 7 also cause Fear...stay more than 5" away! Granted this can be a bit harder to do. However, if you aren't a betting crone why not spend an extra point or two on some Skills? The Witch has a Res. of 4+ and thus qualifies for the Fearless and/or Rugged Skills. I like to up my game (now and then anyway...) and bring the Fear by making my Witches Surly.

:)

Or use 4 points (or free if the Threshold has ranked up) for a plot point...one allows humans to be immune to psychology. Problem solved!

The same issue applies to the Mad Scientist, that HAS to touch his zombies to juice them up.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 04:33:58 AM »
The Mad Scientist comes with Rugged, so no problem there. Unless a Mutation is rolled...but then the bigger issue is being snapped in half. Ah, Undead. Always a laugh.  8)

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »
That begs a question that I had when I played with my Mad Scientist the for the first time the other day.

Under the mutation entry on the "Reagent Table" it says: "...The first Action of the newly mutated Blasphemous Construct will be to use Deadly Rage..."

My question is: Is this required "action" to use Deadly Rage happen when the Blasphemous Construct is *next activated*?  Or is the Blasphemous Construct forced to commit this action immediately (does he get a free action)?

This came up when I rolled an "11" and simply decided *not* to activate the Blasphemous Construct until the doctor had moved away a bit on his next turn.  On after thought, I am not sure that is how it is supposed to work.   :?

Scott

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »
Really depends on who (what...) is Nominated at the start of the Turn. I try to nominate other models than the ones I'm injecting to prevent getting smashed. Still risky with lots to go wrong though. Reanimation isn't an exact science...

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 01:32:02 AM »
So, what you are saying is that the newly created Blasphemous Construct is not "compelled" to act, but, when the construct is choosen to activate; its first action must be to use "Deadly Rage" (it simply does not have to be activated until the Lurker player chooses to do so).

If this is the case, I am not seeing how a doc could get himself (or herself) in trouble if they pay attention.

Scott

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 07:44:22 PM »
Plenty of ways to get into trouble. I always fail my Feat test once I finally get the Blasphemous Construct...usually charging the thing and getting beaten to death. Also, I find that quite often it is one of the last two Zombies left on the board that invariably gets 'properly' injected...so, it ends up being Nominated... ;D