Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This is not a Test project (Wasteland Safari 17/3/16)  (Read 19901 times)

Offline exploding youth

• Scientist
    • Tired World Studio
This is not a Test project (Wasteland Safari 17/3/16)
« on: October 23, 2015, 08:38:18 AM »
So I got suckered into this is not a test somehow. It is basically Mordhiem in the Falloutverse, it isn't hard to see why that appeals  :D I somehow even talked my girlfriend into picking up a warband, which is a minor miracle! I plan to make ruined versions of all of our Knights of Dice buildings because art deco and fallout go together like dumplings and chilli oil

This'll be a catchall thread for my progress. Viv picked up two of these strange old vac formed 40k boards from somewhere and they were just sitting around the warehouse looking sorry for themselves. I decided they'd make a great starting point for a board post apoc board

First thing was to get rid of the god awful Aquila, so I cut a ruined foundation piece

Before giving the whole thing a gravel bath

and then some texture

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:19:25 AM by exploding youth »

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
Re: This is not a Test project
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:24:09 AM »
Great start! The Buildings you want to use are really spot on. Do you plan to set the buildings only on the preset sockets or will you addition more platform for basegroundings?

Offline exploding youth

• Scientist
    • Tired World Studio
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »
Great start! The Buildings you want to use are really spot on. Do you plan to set the buildings only on the preset sockets or will you addition more platform for basegroundings?

I think I'll make some custom walls to fit the foundations on this board.  I plan on making a few other 4x4s so the more intact stuff will be for them
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:44:44 AM by exploding youth »

Offline exploding youth

• Scientist
    • Tired World Studio
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:49 AM »
I picked up some guildball fishermen to use as my tribal warband,  going for a society that lives on an oilrig and worships the ocean. I think the guildball figs work pretty well for post apoc fishermen. I've armed them with spears, vials of poison(i figure some kinda blowfish poison) and spearguns to stick with the theme. The incursion heavy is my berzerker,  armed with a speargun and actuated gauntlent

I still need to pick up two more of the fishermen for my rank and file guys, and decide what i am going to use as my warbeast. Any suggestions that fit the theme?

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
There are some nice fishy beasties in the Carnevale range that could fit, or maybe some of the Tilk figures from Reaper?
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
  • Heal them, with fire from above.
    • Guerrilla Miniature Games
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
I haven't seen one of those old Vac-Cast Demo boards in YEARS!  lol Ahead of its time by a decade that was (and hideously grassed and prepainted when you got it).

Nice work!

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
Great start on the board and nice figures.

After the first picture I thought, "oh my, that eagle has to go. I hope he covers it with a building or something."
Then you did!
:D
Well played sir.

Our very own MessyArt has sculpted and sells Mirelurks. They are a fiddle to build, but the resin chaps look fantastic. See! (Painted by Wyrmalla)

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=58975.210

Perhaps some rank and file a little more squishy? Mason (Blind Beggar Miniatures - http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=78821.0) has some hybrids. You could make them a little more tribal?

Or like obsidian suggested, some reaper deep ones?

(lovecraft lead painters league)

Cheers
Matt

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
  • Post-Apocalyptic Librarian
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
Antimatter Games has a ton of models for their Deep Wars game that would fit this theme.  Here are a couple from my own collection:

An album if you want to see more: http://imgur.com/a/FQCF9

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 08:54:03 PM »
Very nice start! I am a big fan of Viv's, love his terrain videos as "RubbishInRubbishOut".  Will be watching this space.  :D

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 09:11:10 PM »
Nice start on the board.

We are currently 2 games into a 4 player This is Not a Test campaign and it is going pretty well.

We are also using the Dice of Knights buildings a mate picked up at MOAB for one of the tables and it looks great. Could do with some ruins for sure, but still looks post-apoc enough.

My Outrider (sniper) is particularly enjoying the rooftop of the Mignola Ave building, which he has camped on for both the games, causing quite a bit mayhem. 

I like the theme for your tribals, just be aware of the power of the Burst weapon, especially if you are a melee focused warband.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline exploding youth

• Scientist
    • Tired World Studio
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 11:01:56 PM »
Nice start on the board.

We are currently 2 games into a 4 player This is Not a Test campaign and it is going pretty well.

We are also using the Dice of Knights buildings a mate picked up at MOAB for one of the tables and it looks great. Could do with some ruins for sure, but still looks post-apoc enough.

My Outrider (sniper) is particularly enjoying the rooftop of the Mignola Ave building, which he has camped on for both the games, causing quite a bit mayhem. 

I like the theme for your tribals, just be aware of the power of the Burst weapon, especially if you are a melee focused warband.

Would love to see some pics of the building out in the wild if you have any!

Offline exploding youth

• Scientist
    • Tired World Studio
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 11:11:41 PM »
Some good suggestions in this thread.  Those mirelurks are essential!  I was planning on picking up this guy from eden to hire as a mutant eventually but maybe I'll use him as my warbeast
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:14:23 PM by exploding youth »

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 01:58:08 AM »
Hey you totally stole my idea!  :)  I am planning a similar project for the next official TNT table.  This time I am thinking South Beach in Miami or similar place in the south.  Swampy land full of half-sunk buildings.  Gators and fishmen fighting over the remains of a art deco wasteland.  Have to say, I have seen a lot of MDF buildings in my time, but yours are special. I'm a nut for all things art deco, so its not surprise I was drawn to the Fallout end of the post apocalypse.  Can't wait to get my initial allotment in November.  Since you guys are working on the post-apocalypse side of things, maybe some conversion pieces, such as internal stars with art deco railings, floor inserts, that kind of thing for those of use who want to access the interiors a little bit.  Just a thought.  Keep up the cool project. 
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline exploding youth

• Scientist
    • Tired World Studio
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 02:32:40 AM »
Hey you totally stole my idea!  :)  I am planning a similar project for the next official TNT table.  This time I am thinking South Beach in Miami or similar place in the south.  Swampy land full of half-sunk buildings.  Gators and fishmen fighting over the remains of a art deco wasteland.  Have to say, I have seen a lot of MDF buildings in my time, but yours are special. I'm a nut for all things art deco, so its not surprise I was drawn to the Fallout end of the post apocalypse.  Can't wait to get my initial allotment in November.  Since you guys are working on the post-apocalypse side of things, maybe some conversion pieces, such as internal stars with art deco railings, floor inserts, that kind of thing for those of use who want to access the interiors a little bit.  Just a thought.  Keep up the cool project.  

That sounds great! If i go to the trouble of making ruined versions i don't see why we wouldn't put them in the store.

We built this bayou table for malifaux back when i worked at an flgs, might be some ideas for you to steal there!  Wish we still had it but we sold it back then for a decent sum.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:39:10 AM by exploding youth »

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 09:31:25 AM »
This swamp table is delicious!!! If you put in the same amount of details to the new table, I´m realy fall in love with it!