Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:11:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689678
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Innsmouth Historical Society Presents: (Update 07 July; MiGo in the Woods!)  (Read 33356 times)

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Starting my 48 Hour Painting Chalange!!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:39:09 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline Tsu

• Assistant
  • Cultist of the Ape
    • Strange Aeons G+ Community
Re: Mr West's Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »
48 hours? Tough One! Gogo! Looking forward to see some updates!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 04:39:45 PM »
Nice collection of models.  I was interested in what the written outline was in the first photo.  I suppose it might be a painting plan but it looked like more than that.  Have you got a neat story you plan to share :) ?

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »
To me, it was important to catch the feeling of investigators- and the possibility of sub factions within my group (Agency, Syndicate, Academics, Occult, Investigator); and our traditional X-Com Character Classes (Support, Heavy, Assault, Sniper)

Investigators are EM4/MoonRaker Miniatures- one of the few vintage lines where I really liked the sculpts. Please note they belong to two eras- the smaller original line and the newer 25mm line.

Doug at MoonRaker is a Fantastic Guy- he hooked me up with some great stuff. Thank you Doug for your customer service and great attitude!

The core group; consisting of our Syndicate Heavy, Academic Assault, Agency Support

A Study in Emerald- Academic Sniper and Support Investigator

Little Grey Men; Agency Heavy, Occult Support

These two ladies fell behind a box and I didn't notice they were missing until I was finished- sigh...

Some wood tokens-
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:31:49 AM by WallyTWest »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 08:03:22 AM »
Of course, all madness has its origins- this was the first module I ever played for the CoC setting. Lovecraft was completely new to me- I recall bothering the river inhabitants and the inmates- one of whom claimed he was actually of "The Great Race of Yith"-

But the mind blowing thing was the degenerate doctor at the center of the madness- somewhere between the reanimator and a degenerate cultist... It's a pleasure to bring this to life in miniature!

Sculpts are London Thugs from Old Glory, MoonRaker ProtoShogoths, Gothic Horror Doctor, Zombies from Reaper, a dreamblade skinless and a Mega Mini Zombie I had lying around.

The detail on their backs are just fun-

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 08:18:24 AM »
Part of the fun for me- I'm a New England native. I actually grew up not that far from the supposed site of Innsmouth. And being a sea coast native to the region and having lived from Bar Harbor Maine to Brooklyn NY (Currently Living in Cape Cod); well the idea of the Innsmouth Look is not too radical... Infact I've been to a few towns that have left me a horrible feeling not too far removed from the terror Innsmouth or Dunwitch....

The Statue is from an old Bag of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Wars Dark Young I got for demoing the game at GenCon (Hi Guys!!! Told you I would post it painted!!!) the MoonRaker Servitor of the Outer Gods and Mikes Fishmen (Best Fish Men out there!)

Something in the hills... Making a whistle...

The horrific movement in the tangled and demented woods of New England.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 08:25:41 AM »
I always loved the Night Gaunts- sinister and bridging the gap between the Mithos and Dreamcycle...

Em4/MoonRaker- again thanks to Doug!

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 08:31:08 AM »
The real enemy- the man pulling the strings... An old man who has been practicing occult ritual and horrific incantations on the mountaintop- miniature origin unknown (found him years ago at the game castle in Londonderry - not my favorite store.)

More 80's Lead!!! Dunwitch Detectives Ghouls- they just begged to be drybrushed green- and they looked awful in grey.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »
The detail on this model is great- I have another one unpainted- I am going to wait and see if I even use him in gameplay first- I am happy with just one painted.

"not in the face!!!"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:39:43 AM by WallyTWest »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 08:48:32 AM »
The Strange Aeons acrylic set is uncanny- I was sent one for showing my loyalty to the Cult and accomplishing a super secret mission for the society... Way better than the stickers and wood disk idea I had.

This is a great visual aid- great upgrade kit.

The cards are also Uncanny- the solo rules work well enough and the twisted fate deck is all but required in play (similar to the Spartian Games faction decks)

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
Although my 48 hour painting chalange is finished- I still have some work to do on my "Season 2" miniatures at some unspecified point in the future.

Pictured here- the Investigators I got in the Kickstarter.

I would like to take a second to point out the quality of the second edition components- the bases have been weighted and upgraded- details sharpened and the resin holds detail in orders of magnitude better than the mark one models- Mike; you should be proud of how awesome your new sculpts are and the improvement of the line you undertook. It makes the Mk1 models nearly obsolete.

Really- the colored resin makes them suitable for pawns in a boardgame- great choices!

I'm really torn between Silver Twilight, Black And Red or something more along the lines of Order of Dagon- my gut feeling is I already painted the Fishmen in red...

I plan to be a cheap jerk and use the formless thing as a Shiggoth, and the Proto Shoggoths as Formless Things- the watcher is just kinda strange. I don't know if I plan to paint it-

It's worth taking a second to show the overall upgrade- I regret buying the originals. The agent isn't too bad- but the cultist... Eh...

Lastly- "problems" with scale. The mikes miniatures are running the 30mm line. The investigators will likely be in a septate collection from the agency miniatures. (not a big deal)

And a final pic showing some of the extra stuff I have-

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:07:08 AM by WallyTWest »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 09:08:37 AM »

Reaper Ghost I just found whom I forgot to paint- damnit!!!

Interesting- 1 model for 4 profiles- I intend to experiment with this one a little

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »
Of course- my two favorite pictures...

This game is small kids! this can be played with 3-4/1-10 models a side. This is everything for the game- (no terrain of course). X-Wing model counts and simplicity, low barrier to entry and great gameplay- this is a perfect miniature game!

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 09:19:42 AM »
Random In Progress Shot-

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 09:25:28 AM »
And the 2x2 Zuzzy Mat I'm working on... (preview for when I figure this out... Trying to replicate the X-Com forest map Mojo.)