Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Innsmouth Historical Society Presents: (Update 07 July; MiGo in the Woods!)  (Read 33358 times)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 30 Oct)
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2015, 05:39:39 PM »
I prefer the RAFM one on account of the head "crown" and that it doesn't seem as busy.  I think the Pathfinder model suggests movement better through the conical trunk but it looks big and clunky where I would want mine more ethereal and mysterious like the RAFM piece.

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 11:11:34 PM »
I looked at them both for quite a long time and decided I liked the Pathfinder (maybe) a bit more, and it was about 1/3 the price of the RAFM when it was all done, so it was not a hard choice for me:

Grumbling Grognard's Gallery Pic of His Yithian rebase

Scott Clinton
(aka The Grumbling Grognard)

Offline rcketscientst

• Assistant
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 05:22:11 AM »
I do like the pupil on the pathfinder model.  Not sure I could get that uniform with a brush.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 06:16:36 AM »
You may have made me recant my statement GG.  Beside your CoC model the Yithian looks good.  I can't make up my mind.

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
Not to "sell" the figure or anything, but my Yithian is *just* a re-base.

I was going to re-paint him, and may still....someday but I have tons of others to paint and the Yithians are so darned powerful in SA I am not sure he will get on the table anytime soon either way.

But, my point is, with a full re-paint, I would like him even more (or at least one would hope!   ;)  )
Scott

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 03:15:41 AM »
Interesting to hear that about the mi-go. Then looked at them, and yes, seems to be a very tough lurker for the points. In the first edition, the conglomerate and the nightgaunt were very powerful for the point cost. I see they have been adjusted. I haven't played any 2nd edition games yet. Looking forward to it.
Mike D

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2015, 06:22:54 AM »
OT, and maybe I am a wuss, but I have played or ref'ed games with all of them.  They are ALL tough!  lol

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 03:55:59 AM »
Batch two will take a few days to get ready.

Step one- super gluing the minis to washers,  filling the bases and sanding them- then giving the bases a wash in watered down glue.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 04:43:26 AM »
Hey Wally what is the story on the sketch of the domed structures on the mountain under the pocket knife?  That looks really cool.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 05:02:36 AM »
Ha- scrap paper!

In the rogue trader campaign we were playing it was their base of operation until it was wiped out last play session by a rival household who loosely aligned themselves with the imperial church and evicted them forcefully after some douchey political maneuvering. Now they are leading the remains/survivors of their shattered colony to a supposed abandoned mining colony to start over. However their side mission is to attempt the recovery of a experimental cruiser that was lost on that planets surface at roughly the same timeframe that the families fortune turned for the worse around m34.

It was based off the idea the lowest layers were Space Marine fortifications from the great crusade, the middle layers were romanisque fortifications/archetecture from the church and the highest layers were high gothic and recent technological advances. They excavated a red shoulder pad just before they left and found some interesting pre-imperial evidence of habitation suggesting the fortifications may be even older.

I meant it to feel like modern troops garrisoning a medieval fortification in Malta or the Middle East.

The real gem was the recovery of some star charts from M34 that showed the archetecture for the development of the sub sector and surveying results that were lost before they could be properly reported. (one eyed willies map) I am stealing the plot from the Goonies...  The second half of the campaign I intend to loosely base off that first half of Catan when you are filling up the island and Italian politics.

Currently the PC's are really at odds with the church; and if they can maneuver some of their clergy into positions of power they are going to experience some greater success.

Thus far the PC's have only seen humans and local animals and vegetation- they are constantly on guard for Xenos and Chaos- but I don't intend for those to play a real part in the story. After all- humans are far more uncaring and horrific in their acts and cruel nature...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:16:43 AM by WallyTWest »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 05:15:15 AM »
You know- that makes for an interesting post.

Currently I am gaming twice a month. Bi Weekly, switching between Week A and B. "A Week" is typically miniature wargaming (winter) or an RPG (Summer). "B Week" is boardgames. Attendance is stable with about 10 members and a show of about 6 for each week.

I intend to get a little more serious, combining the groups into a single named group called the "Innsmouth Historical Society"-

I'm looking into having shirts made and beginning a quarterly bowling outing. Although strange aeons has had some success with this group- my real drive is to complete this pile of lurkers so we can begin campaign gaming and more regular play- with only 4-5 more rogue trader sessions yet to be enjoyed before the conclusion of the summer season I got to get cracking...

For some reason everyone sold/put their warhammer fantasy models into storage... ;)

Another huge problem is cutting down my gaming collection and working on some new bookshelves to display my models and gaming collection-

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 26 Nov)
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2015, 02:27:11 AM »

Can't find the static grass- so further updates as I add finishing touches.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 30 Nov)
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 02:00:58 AM »
Greetings- I have completed my two Dunwitch Detectives females- and I am proud to say that my "Acceptable in the 80's" Call of Cthulhu Investigators are finally finished!!!

Together in a single shot- I feel they represent everything I might want for competitive play and to support storytelling as well. Im a little sad they are slightly off scale but considering the age of the sculpts and their utility I am happy with them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:24:16 AM by WallyTWest »

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 04:06:58 AM »
I'm still using the chap in the center with pipe as my chosen civilian in games. Those are nice figures.
Mike D

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 12:59:37 AM »
Tonight's Game
Round 1

Round 2
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:44:46 AM by WallyTWest »