Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691080
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Oscar Sierra Charlie OSC Rules release  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
[COMMERCIAL] Oscar Sierra Charlie OSC Rules release
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:56:11 AM »

Available from www.evilbearwargames.com

OSC is a modern war game with a nod to near future, or as i prefer to describe it as near modern, but from a future perspective.

I personaly use the rules mostly for modern style game's, the game is supported by a web site that via its forum will be supporting the product over the coming weeks.

There is a small growing mini range but the game is aimed at your current mini collection.

If you like your modern games but fancy now and then to use those same forces in a fast paced action packed game this could be for you, its been in development for over 20 years, and I have produced this all self financed with no Kickstarter, trying to do this old School :D

This game uses new mechanics I have developed and tempered by my exsperiance from years of Airsoft for the action element, and feedback from ex and serving soldiers.

Any questions please ask, and if you have the rules and require any extra material or weapons for your forces i have not covered, let me know on the forum and we can make it happen.

Kind regards

Matt
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:26:00 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Oscar Seira Charlie OSC Rules release
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 11:32:51 AM »
Hey mat, looks interesting. this forum has been abuzz about tomorrows war and black ops of late so your rules would make for an interesting third option. I'll probably jump into the rules myself, but there are a number of questions I can predict from this forum as to how "near future" the rules exactly are, mostly concerning particular types of tech supported by the rules.

I think what a lot of people here want, or looked for in black ops and tomorrows war are rules for power armor (your selling that so I assume there are rules for it?) Ground based drones/bots, fighting robots in any case, and walking tanks/mecha.

EDIT: It also appears I can't add the PDF only version to my basket in the shop? Also the free pdf cards appear as "out of stock" Pity, I had hoped to read the rules on the bus today.  :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:03:34 PM by YPU »
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 12:05:55 PM »
Where shall i start... (Apologies ahead this is probably filled with spelling errors)

Power armour, well I don’t really like that term, in osc you chose your level of armour you can then upgrade it to fully enclosed, this has advantages and disadvantages.

In effect yes you have a kind of power armour, its heavy fully enclosed armour that’s powered :)

Think more a decade a head rather than say 60 years ahead.

Book 2 WAR being launched next year has drones, vehicles and so much stuff its insane, the idea is you play the skirmish them up your game with new stuff from book 2, also book 2 allows you to play huge battles if you so wish.

Book 3 Invasion, this introduces more scifi equipment and a sytem to add abilities to your force to represent maybe a alien invader or bio enhanced human, also before this will be a launch of an army set of an alien invader (the invader is not from space) again this book will be packed, and will move the vehicle design rules to anti grav, walkers and so on.

Book 4 is a campaign book, and will have solo play rules, campaign systems and a tool box so you can design your own weapons and so much more.

Over the coming weeks on the web site i will be launching playtest rules from each up coming book for people to try and give feed back on, the first will be the vehicle rules.

eventually your have rules for weapons like rail pistols or imagine a challenger 2 retro fitted with a laser cannon for example.. this will all be possible as the storey moves forward.

But at its heart the books are full of action, like not seen in other games, your soldiers can hip shoot, they can aim, they can do auto fire, its risk management, there are no modifiers, just rerolls to keep things fast and moving, you decide if your men retreat or not, if they don’t retreat you may find they keep failing you, so its a game of constant moving front lines, getting behind the enemy, creating an ambush, you men can help each other climb onto or up to heights they could not normally reach... its the detail of a role play game with the speed of a wargame.

Its a game of choices, hard choices that can win or loose a game,, do you push hard and over extend your self ? Or play slow and steady and risk failing the mission.

Its a game where you can challenge a model to surrender, and there maybe a tactical reason for them to do so? And there is a tactical reason of why to take captives, and for your opponent to try recapture them...

Deep immersive tactical game play is to be found.

This is a game to challenge players into a new type of gaming where there is more to tactics than do i move or shoot.

Some one described it as a mix of call of duty and battlefield, part 1 is call of duty and part 2 is like battlefield. I have no idea, as I don’t get to play computer games :/

What I feel I have done is made the game I wanted to play, a game that can be played in a hour, a game where you can generate a force, turn up at a club, place terrain, roll your mission and hit the game table running.

Hope that helps

A kind regards
And thank you for your interest

Matt

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »
Sounds like a logical order of things, first build rules based on modern combat that work like they should, then slowly create and test rules for future tech and see how that changes the game.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »
Sounds really great and fitting for my Cyberpunk games. Are there any gameplay examples, a quickplay set or something similar to browse to check if the rules are up to my taste?
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
 I will be working on some you tube video's soon, currently its just me as a one man team so limited on how much I can do at any one time. Also limited by my technical skills with technology but always learning.

Im also working on a cut down version of the rules for free down load next year.

Matt

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Oscar Sierra Charlie OSC Rules release
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »
Well, expect a order from me the moment the PDF only options works on the website.  :D

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »
Currently the PDF only sale option is not available in Europe with the exception of UK due to European Tax laws on the sale of Digital downloads.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-supplying-digital-services-to-private-consumers/vat-businesses-supplying-digital-services-to-private-consumers

Sorry for any inconveniance this may cause.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »
Managed to work something out considering the PDF.

I must say one of the best layouts I have seen in a wargame. Also the version optimized for tablests/computer screens is a godsend and I'm going expect that from any pdf going forward.

Once all 4 parts have been released I can see this becoming one of the bigest games on the block. It has the depth, interesting mechanics and professional look and feel to take that spot. I'll probably do a mini review and playtrough on here later.

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 09:12:46 PM »
...I'll probably do a mini review and playtrough on here later.
Waiting for it. Thanks!