Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What I'm up to (painting-wise)...  (Read 1122 times)

Offline connexion

• Schoolboy
What I'm up to (painting-wise)...
« on: November 02, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
A long-time Blood Bowl player with a tendency to paint the odd fantasy (and ocasionally sci-fi) model here and there to "detox" from painting BB teams, figured I could share what I paint hfrom time to time. So...

2 sexy ladies from Hasslefree (painted circa 2012?)

Had this languishing on a shelf for almost 20 years. Finally gave it some attention last Ferbruary(!).

Thanks for looking!

Mordheim warlock, over 10 years primed sitting on the shelf and waiting for the brushes' attention, which came in March.

Otherworld skeleton (minus weaponry), painted as a test piece in mid-to-late 2014.

Model from GW, resin base from Fenris, painted December 2014.

Painted in July 2015, this one (sci-fi, sorry...) started as a test with mixing inks and metallic paints to achieve a faux-iridescent effect.

Converted from an Aenur miniature (Mordheim special character) for an online showcase/competition.

Also jumped in the "Orctober" bandwagon with this goblin war shaman...

...while a trip to the old lead pile was in order to participate (with this one) in another online showcase, this time dedicated to GW's Night Horrors range from the 80's.

From Otherworld Miniatures, painted on a whim to test a concept (how to paint ethereals using fluorescent paint) I figured it was worth giving it proper attention (i.e., details and mini-display base).

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: What I'm up to (painting-wise)...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 02:56:57 PM »
COOL STUFF! You have a nicely diverse collection of interesting pieces that share a common factor of being BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Gangleri

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »
You've got some classics there  :)  I love that warlock, especially the playing/tarot cards.  Keep
'em coming.
Now what is this whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each one his part, until the manager waves them off the stage?

http://stokefield.blogspot.com/

http://wellrallyonceagain.blogspot.com/

Offline connexion

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »
Thanks for the compliments, gentlemen. New stuff to hopefully come next week and perhaps a few oldies in the next couple of days if I manage to snap some photos.

Offline connexion

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »

Prince Apophas, painted circa 2013 and one of only a couple of resin minis I ever painted. Vehemently dislike resin.

Aurokh Paingiver, a minotaur painted to be used as a "home-brew" star player for BB. Painted February 2015.

A goblin wizard to be used as wizard inducement in BB. Painted September 2015 it was also a bit of an experiment as far as the robes go, namely with splattering paint to try achieving a starry-sky effect (Bob Ross might be proud of the happy little clouds and stars in the robes).

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:12:27 AM by connexion »