Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:44:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: NCR Rangers  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
Fallout: NCR Rangers
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »
Since hosting a large Fallout game at Oldhammer day this year I have been keen to expand my post-apocalyptic forces for more skirmishes in the Wasteland. Having covered the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave I was looking for inspiration to explore another faction's forces.

Luckily my dedicated girlfriend took a real liking to Fallout and told me that she wanted me to paint her a force to play with; after a bit of research and consultation she settled on the NCR and so I set about building her an army.

One key aspect of the NCR is the Rangers who make up an elite force within its military, and so I felt that this would be a good starting point for my girlfriend's army.

Within the game there are three distinct types of ranger, 'civilian rangers' who are dressed like cowboys, 'patrol rangers' in combat armour and 'veteran rangers' who are clad in iconic gas masks and helmets.

To keep things simple I decided to go for the basic civilian/cowboy rangers to start with and so sourced appropriate western-themed models from Black Scorpion miniatures to fill the role. These models were excellent and really fitted the NCR theme nicely.

I equipped them with assorted pistols, cowboy carbines and shotguns in order to give them a mix of ranged firepower and short ranged stopping-power; also this allowed me to include some variety within the squad.

Overall I am really pleased with how these models turned out and I am looking forward to seeing them in action in the Wasteland. As an aside I have never played a cowboy wargame...but if I decided to then I now have a small force available!

There's more on my blog at:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/fallout-ncr-rangers-and-rogue-trader.html
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Fallout: NCR Rangers
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »
Yeehaw!

Great paint.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »
Cheers mate!

It was the first time I used Foundry paints as opposed to Citadel...I have to say I'm really happy with the results!

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 06:52:06 PM »
Nice Paintjob on this minis!
For more forces and Miniatures I recommend the "This is not a Test" Miniatures. There a re some really good Rangerminiatures with heavy armour and alternative Weapons available.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 07:02:05 PM »
Cheers mate!

I just had a look at those minis, they look excellent! I think I'll be getting some of those!

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 07:45:14 AM »
I have just ordered a load of those ranger minis from 'This is not a test' so hopefully I'll be able to field some patrol Rangers when they arrive from the states.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 03:08:29 AM »
I think I'll order some of those eventually, I was going to try their ruleset as well.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 05:29:03 AM »
I'm not seeing NCR rangers when I look at those models but they would make beautiful Regulators (the law bringing good karma faction from the same game).  They look beautiful  :-*.  Wonderful sculpt and an amazing paint job to boot.  I need to acquire some of those tombstone models! 

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »
Cheers mate.

Actually these guys fit the bill for the games civilian Rangers perfectly (have a quick look on the fallout wiki)! But you've given away one of my next projects ;-)....

Black scorpion do a selection of western miniatures who are all in duster jackets which fits in better with the regulators as they all wear the regulator duster...I also bought a selection of these in my bulk order and will be aiming to paint them up at some point in the near future!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »
Nice.  Looking forward to seeing those  :).

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 06:45:50 AM »
Awesome work dude. Looking forward to seeing your TnT Rangers when they are finished.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 12:42:12 PM »
Cheers mate!

I can't wait to get ahold of the models! I'm really excited by them!