Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:43:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hermes MyHermes  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hermes MyHermes
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 06:27:10 AM »
I would double up on the suggestion to hit them on social media...my last company would contact you damn near immediately if you started posting negative stuff on their facebook/twitter bla bla bla.  Sometimes it pays to be the squeaky wheel.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline nullBolt

• Bookworm
    • nullBolt
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »
I had the same problem but with a Christmas gift.

Bought it from Asda, got supposedly left in the bin by Hermes. Rang up Asda and got a refund immediately.

Contact the retailer, not the delivery company.

Offline Streetline

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 08:46:08 AM »
Tricky if you don't know which parcel this uesless bunch of muppets have mishandled.

JDE
Exeter Legionary - 7th May 2022 - Exeter Matford Centre
Games, traders,  bigger bring and buy every year
http://legionaryshow.co.uk/

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
When you say bin you must not mean the thing you put your household rubbish in surely.

Yep: garbage can, rubbish bin, dumpster - whatever you call the receptacle in which you deposit your household waste into.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
I once arrived home from work to find a Hermes driver putting a parcel in the bin and about to walk off without even leaving a card to say where the parcel was. When I asked him what the donkey he was playing at, he said he thought "someone would be sure to look in the bin when they throw something away".

I... disagreed with his line of thinking.

Still, Hermes aren't as bad as Yodel. Yodel are the firm who tried putting a hardback book through my letter box that was too big to fit by wedging it in at an angle and hammering it as hard as possible. And I was at home at the time, they never even tried knocking at the door. The first I knew was the thump! thump! thump! as they started breaking the back of my book. That made me lose my cool.

Every other time Yodel have been supposedly delivering to me they never even turned up.

These days, if I'm ordering something I ask first if the seller is going to use Hermes or Yodel and if they say yes I tell them I won't be buying from them and I tell them why.

Offline nullBolt

• Bookworm
    • nullBolt
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 01:21:34 PM »
ok, have to ask.

When you say bin you must not mean the thing you put your household rubbish in surely.

some tool dumps my mail on my old teabags and whatnot......well like I am going to be totally uncool about that. Biffotasticly peeved even.

Well, recycling bin so it's not too bad.

They did it again yesterday with a bunch of parcels. I was walking up to the door as he did so, though, so it wasn't resting there too long.

Why?!? Why would you put peoples mail in their rubbish and why do you people dumpster dive for your mail so calmly?

British stiff upper lip.

Still, Hermes aren't as bad as Yodel. Yodel are the firm who tried putting a hardback book through my letter box that was too big to fit by wedging it in at an angle and hammering it as hard as possible. And I was at home at the time, they never even tried knocking at the door. The first I knew was the thump! thump! thump! as they started breaking the back of my book. That made me lose my cool.

Every other time Yodel have been supposedly delivering to me they never even turned up.

These days, if I'm ordering something I ask first if the seller is going to use Hermes or Yodel and if they say yes I tell them I won't be buying from them and I tell them why.

My girlfriend used to work at Argos and they used Yodel all the time. From what she said, 99% of the complaints could be put down to Yodel being awful.

The worst was some guy had ordered a bunch of VERY expensive paving stones from them. He never gets a knock at the door but hears a loud crack outside and discovers the Yodel delivery men just throwing the paving stones out of the van onto his front. Out of the van.