Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686595
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Necromunda car - test piece  (Read 6148 times)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: Necromunda car - test piece
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 06:54:48 PM »
Holy moly, prices fit as well, though those almost seem worth it! Let's just say, traffic jams would be... interesting.

Handsome work, Demi! I suppose too much so for Necro/Gorka.  ;) Needs more bolt-ons, especially panels.

Does GW still admit to 'STC'? I remember in the near-RT days thinking of a raid against an imperial governor using a high tech round-to-space interceptor for piracy. He was fine until he got a bit too greedy, AND an Inquisitor figured out that it was a test prototype that the data on it could be read out as an STC.  :D

Doug

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:05:51 PM by The_Beast »

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 09:32:04 PM »
Well this is what a 40k car looks like

That's lovely!  Reminds me of the old Genestealer cult Limos from the RT era. Either the Compendium or Compliation books had pictures of something like that.

Civie vehicles in 40k and other sci-fi settings can be tough especially whey they have a unique aesthetic.  There's usually some great historical reference points, but In most cases I like to push them far enough from actual designs that they aren't recognizable. Toys can be a good starting point. Especially ones with exaggerated dimensions.

Here's a sci-fi truck I did from a Fisher Price Geotrax toy. Before and After

More about it here: http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2012/01/28mm-on-cheap-post-apocalyptic-vehicles.html
It fits pretty well into the 40k universe, but could probably use a bit more rivets on the cab.

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 12:56:41 AM »
That's lovely!  Reminds me of the old Genestealer cult Limos from the RT era. Either the Compendium or Compliation books had pictures of something like that

These were pics to conjour with in my youth:-

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 01:04:42 AM »
lol. Those guys are unashamedly mimicing GW. So much so that each faction has the option, at the bottom of each page, to buy a set of skulls. Now that's GW.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »
That's lovely!  Reminds me of the old Genestealer cult Limos from the RT era. Either the Compendium or Compliation books had pictures of something like that.

Then you will have probably heard of the announcemnet by GW and the upcoming new plastic miniatures of a genestealer cult. Google will happily provide eye candy when you look for "Deathwatch Overkill" ....  :)
"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 12:37:39 PM »
Then you will have probably heard of the announcemnet by GW and the upcoming new plastic miniatures of a genestealer cult. Google will happily provide eye candy when you look for "Deathwatch Overkill" ....  :)

I had not heard this!
I've ditched the 40k rules and taken a break from buying new GW product for the last 5 years or.  However, a box of genestealer cult minis might actually tempt me to buy something. They would be perfect for In The Emperor's Name.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:41:32 PM by eilif »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 06:15:20 PM »
I had not heard this!
I've ditched the 40k rules and taken a break from buying new GW product for the last 5 years or.  However, a box of genestealer cult minis might actually tempt me to buy something. They would be perfect for In The Emperor's Name.

Me too.

And I have been 'clean' for far longer.....!

Of course, they may disappoint or, more likely, have a ridiculous price point and then I will do what I have done for so long now:.....pass.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »
Of course, they may disappoint or, more likely, have a ridiculous price point and then I will do what I have done for so long now:.....pass.
With the quality of minis recently, I think there's little chance of disappointment.  However, think the price point may well be ridiculous. If the Hybrid box turns out to be a kit with alot of options and bits I may get one and spread it out between the kit and the various other GW (IG, etc) body parts I've got in my bitz box.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 07:21:27 PM »
Maybe check the games workshop general chat....the pics are up and they are lovely.

I have a feeling it will be around the calth/execution force price point, maybe space hulk priced if its bigger.

that's a badass little vehicle, looks like a great ash waste school runner. :)
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 08:31:37 PM »
Sorry for thread derailment, Demi, we have really gone off on one here..... ::)

Back to the point of this thread: That is STILL a lovely paintjob on that motor, sir.
 :D :D

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 01:46:11 PM »
Yes, fanastic looking car! Kudos for such a brillaint conversion.

Slightly off-topic, but re. Mason's point re Deathwatch the game's unreasonable pricing point - it is a flat £100, which even after you've considered purchasing from GW discounters is a lot of moolah. Too much for some space marine and hybrid models which don't especially do a lot for me, I must admit. Kitsune made a good point about a genestealer hybrid army - gonna get it's buttocks handed to it as a hat in contemporary 40k, replete as it is with companies of killer vehicles and super heavies. Okay for the retro gamers using 2nd edition or RT I guess though.

Sorry, that IS off-topic - really great looking car, it really is. I am looking for some 40K era vehicles myself to enliven both my Necromunda and Beyond the Gates of Antares tables.