Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:55:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690826
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More new BCW Releases from Musketeer  (Read 8523 times)

former user

Re: More new BCW Releases from Musketeer
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 07:45:30 PM »
OKOK
I hope you are not pissed  ;)

I must admit that my intention to expand RCW with the said miniatures is a plan
but in these things I am very strict
I keep avirtual collection on my PC, where I store interesting minis by manufacturer and package, and I do photoshop them into combinations to see how they would fit and also check them when I see them in reality

this way I avoid buying mistakes, I can always look at them and am less tempted to buy
when the stage then comes when I could proceed to buying (because I want to wargame them), I reconsider and then proceed eventually
I did shelve some projects because the interesting range became to numerous

is this helpful?

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 08:07:53 PM »
That is not helpful!  I do appreciate your comments and the plausibility of what you say, but for the time being must abstain.  One of the main reasons being the amount and variety of very arousing (for me at least) armour avaliable in the late 30's and the burgeoning number of scale models of said suitable for 28mm gaming.  No, the distraction would be too great!

Stay strong and don't think of being able to use a Vickers Medium Tank in anger, nor the thought of Carden-Loyd tankettes.... Before you know it you'll be building kits of Hawker Furies and designing 'special flags' for your factions... Resist!  ;)

Offline potter666

• Assistant
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »
I'm not long into my 28mm RCW project and am trying to keep focused, but having miniatures like this thrust under my nose really doesn't help.  I find the whole BCW setting so evocative and, as the fella before pointed out, these miniatures simply ooze character...bet they paint up nicely, too...  Okay: take a deep breath, get a grip, and wait for Musketeer to augment their superb WW1 Russian line instead...  STAY THE COURSE, Funghy old boy! ::)

You're trying to do what I set out doing...it doesn't work...You may as well succumb now, resistance is futile. I was suckered in by Musteteer, Brigade and Anglian/ Empress eye candy, now I'm working on SCW/VBCW militia types and they're among the favourite miniatures I've ever bought. Give in to the call of VBCW and SCW..become one of us....RCW can co-exist as project with the others (esp. with armoured vehicles!)

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »
Armed vicars? Something not quite C of E there you know. What happened to turning the other cheek I wonder in 1938?
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 10:42:28 PM »
Obviously they haven't attended an Alpha Course.  ;)