Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:56:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Red Scorpion  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Trysop

• Scientist
Re: Red Scorpion
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »
Those are looking very cool  :-*

Re-sculpting the heads on mine was bit of a chore, especially as the task grew from "I just need a squad of 10 to 15" to "why do I now have 40 to do" :o

Although I am pretty happy with the outcome, and it did improve my limited sculpting abilities, I really like you head mould idea and wish I had come up with something similar.

I plan on finishing up what I have done and after that may look at getting a few other German minis that have more interesting kit, I like the idea of a few in greatcoats and a few with heavier / different weapons too.

Thanks for the ideas

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »
Those are looking very cool  :-*

Re-sculpting the heads on mine was bit of a chore, especially as the task grew from "I just need a squad of 10 to 15" to "why do I now have 40 to do" :o

Although I am pretty happy with the outcome, and it did improve my limited sculpting abilities, I really like you head mould idea and wish I had come up with something similar.

I plan on finishing up what I have done and after that may look at getting a few other German minis that have more interesting kit, I like the idea of a few in greatcoats and a few with heavier / different weapons too.

Thanks for the ideas

Use them as a Vampire thrall force in SOTR  (Blood Red uniforms symbolising the bloodpact with the Vampire Junker Lords?

Just a suggestion? ;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Trysop

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »
To be honest what I am going to use them for, or as, is secondry to me just having them. Once I had seen Soapys blog I knew I had to have a Red Shadow force to help me relive my childhood in 28mm  ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 04:06:42 PM »
To be honest what I am going to use them for, or as, is secondry to me just having them. Once I had seen Soapys blog I knew I had to have a Red Shadow force to help me relive my childhood in 28mm  ;)

True, but it give's you an excuse to get more, plus have a pretty unique Weird World war force into the bargain.

Zombie shadows too!  ;)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »
They're a bit rough sculpts though, and look like cast from old moulds. I'd use Crusader too, but they're probably too small.

The Crusader Germans I have are at least as big as the BTD ones.