Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Infinity Haqqislam  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Grendel

• Assistant
Infinity Haqqislam
« on: March 29, 2016, 09:04:53 AM »
This is my Haqqislam army, I am painting them slowly so i can make them look as good as i can, and they are also detailed so i need to make sure i take my time.

I have owned some of these models since first ed infinity, when they were first released, so its nice to get paint on them.

Bases are Ironhalo.net city bases, though she (the exwife) has shut down the business now, so thankfully i have a stack of them in supply :)

Decided to go with an orange theme with the armour so i guess this means that Islam took over Holland :)

Am posting them in the order i painted them so you can see the progression of painting.

Khawarij, the first model i painted after a 5 year break. took ages, but i like how he turned out.

3 Ghulams. older models, the paint is a bit thick, but they are ok from a distance.

Ghulam Dr and Missile launcher chick. eyes are a bit wonky on the missile launcher, am still a bit clunky on the small detail. On the Dr, i only found out after i painted it that there is an extra bit that came with the model when i bought it 10 years go or so, that i never got. oh well.  The orange came out a bit smoother and so did the flesh, but i needed to get a bit better on the grey.

Naffatuns. the first models that i found i started to get my groove on, could be the better sculpts or just me getting better at painting. paint is a bit smoother on both the orange, and the trousers, and the guns are a bit better than previous as well.

Djbanzans. Really like the armour, and the pants. the HMG came out well but the sniper rifle is not my favourite. I also did a bit of typhus corrosion on the regular guys base and like how it came out.

Tuareg Sniper. now i am starting to get my groove on the models. almost everything about this model i am happy with. the right side of the face is not well cast, so she looks a bit off on that side, but the left side, came out really smooth and looks good. also got the flesh really smooth and the pants came out well (esp on her arse :) )

Lasiq sniper - my favourite model. this lady came out really well, and i really like how the armour came out. the gems and the faceplate make the model pop really well as well.

So overall this is the army so far. very happy with the progress and the style of the army.

comments and questions welcome.

AL

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: Infinity Haqqislam
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:25:17 PM »
Haqqislam - the nicest looking models in the infinity range and you've done a great job on them. Nice work!

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
Looking very nice, I've always been tempted by the Haqqislam models and think the use of orange and khaki is really effective.

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »
those girls are

Offline Grendel

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »
thanks guys. appreciate the comments.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 06:41:42 AM »
Very nice!

I hope we see more  ;)

I just started Infinity myself and am looking forward to seeing what you do with your Haqqislam models.
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander