Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:46:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691100
  • Total Topics: 118372
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Miniatures Like Rackham Cadwallon?  (Read 4615 times)

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
Miniatures Like Rackham Cadwallon?
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:01:35 AM »
So I have a bunch of old Rackham Cadwallon figures I'm planning to use for Frostgrave. Unfortunately, I don't have many magic users, bowmen, trackers, or creatures. Looking for suggestions in the style similar to the Cadwallon figures. Any help is appreciated.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
Re: Miniatures Like Rackham Cadwallon?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:25:06 AM »
So I have a bunch of old Rackham Cadwallon figures I'm planning to use for Frostgrave. Unfortunately, I don't have many magic users, bowmen, trackers, or creatures. Looking for suggestions in the style similar to the Cadwallon figures. Any help is appreciated.
Red Box Games' Aenglish are a pretty good match. They don't have the same French sculpting aesthetic that the Rackham minis have, but they are have similar lanky proportions and quirky facial characteristics.

Cadwallon (Rackham)

Aenglish (Red Box)

http://red-box-games.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21&zenid=24839f425b91e33e12053a14f5a35439

Red Box's human model lines include a number of cool male and female spellcaster and spellcaster-like models.

If you want Rackham models, The Cadwallon Miniatures Shop is churning out new casts of all the old Confrontation and Cadwallon minis.

http://cadwallon.com/rackham-confrontation
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:50:17 PM by Koyote »

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:30:56 AM »
Cadwallon is definitely the way to go:

http://cadwallon.com/legends-of-cadwallon
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 06:57:57 AM »
Note: these definitely are recasts and stolen IPs they are selling...but I am also guilty of buying from them. When you're in need of specific Rackham models it's hard to nigh impossible to find them otherwise. The recasts are very well done though, great castings.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »
Note: these definitely are recasts and stolen IPs they are selling...but I am also guilty of buying from them. When you're in need of specific Rackham models it's hard to nigh impossible to find them otherwise. The recasts are very well done though, great castings.

Agreed, I have picked up a few pieces from them to complete my Hybrid/Nemesis figure sets. Prefer to get them for the quality than the supposed "original" sculpts sold by the gougers on eBay (which are often just recasts anyway...just not as good).

For cheaper rank and file types the ConfronV4 Plastic pre-painted figures are extremely good quality models and some of the Rackham team were involved in the Drakerys Kickstarter which is due to deliver very shortly so those figures have a very similar look and feel.
www.kickstarter.com/projects/dontpanicgames/drakerys-the-miniature-game/description
They will be selling the figures separate from the game box.

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »
Does someone can point me to a Internet shop in Europe that stocks Red Box Miniatures? Thank you.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 02:05:08 AM »
Does someone can point me to a Internet shop in Europe that stocks Red Box Miniatures? Thank you.
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=artemis-blacks

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 07:12:51 AM »
Thank you Sir!

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 05:41:58 AM »
Note: these definitely are recasts and stolen IPs they are selling...but I am also guilty of buying from them.
I do not say, me too, but it is a shame how we are criminalized because rackham does not have our lead-drugs anymore. Bad rackham, bad rackham.  o_o

So ...
Me find lead-adventure-miniatures is likewise excellent in style and design and very fitting to Cadwe. Meaning the brügelburg-series. However, less magicians, if I recall the collection correct.

Otherland springs to mind as well. Though these are a bit smaller. Confro always was more towards 28/30mm.
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.