Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:32:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691135
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Relicblade: adventure battle game  (Read 20601 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Relicblade: adventure battle game
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2016, 07:19:10 PM »
Can confirm that pinning is not necessary  ;)

Not necessary indeed, but I do it anyway.  Can't stop myself.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
I really enjoy the design-cues in the concept artwork: Baddies look dour and heroes look clean, well-groomed and goody.
Good stuff. Looking forward to the expansion. Still working on getting a playable set for the game.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:38:52 PM by affun »

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »
I really enjoy the design-ques in the concept artwork: Baddies look dour and heroes look clean, well-groomed and goody.
Good stuff. Looking forward to the expansion. Still working on getting a playable set for the game.

How's your Beholder going?

Made a new hero, by the way, an Witchhunter  ;)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 11:09:32 AM »
Nearly forgot, part 3 of sculpting the Thief is online  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI4cmuLgolc&feature=youtu.be

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »
Has anyone sleeved their cards yet? I'm planning in printing the pdf out this weekend, not sure what size sleeves I'd need (I'm not that familiar with all this stuff!) Could anyone tell me what the default size of the cards are if printed onto A4 sheets? And what sort of sleeves I'd need. 

Thank you!

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »
Has anyone sleeved their cards yet? I'm planning in printing the pdf out this weekend, not sure what size sleeves I'd need (I'm not that familiar with all this stuff!) Could anyone tell me what the default size of the cards are if printed onto A4 sheets? And what sort of sleeves I'd need. 

Thank you!

My cards are 89x63mm, the sleeves I have are 91x66mm.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »
Watched the playthrough at the castle and the rules look great during gameplay. Only worry I have is games may end in a big brawl in the center. That's something I'm not a fan of and always a risk with fantasy games that don't have a lot of ranged options. But I'll surely keep an eye on the Kickstarter!!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 03:59:56 PM »
Watched the playthrough at the castle and the rules look great during gameplay. Only worry I have is games may end in a big brawl in the center. That's something I'm not a fan of and always a risk with fantasy games that don't have a lot of ranged options. But I'll surely keep an eye on the Kickstarter!!

You're right, there are just a few ranged options right now, but hopefully there will be more with wave 2.
And of course it depends on your own playing style if everything ends in an big brawl or not  ;)
We games we have played right now haven't  :D

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 04:17:45 PM »
Thanks comsquare that's very useful.

I'm looking forward to the kickstarter and hopefully the expansion of the game. The rules seem really solid and some extra heros (especially thief/ranger types) and factions will add a lot.

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
Love the new hero and baddie designs, so far!  One thing I'd really like to see, too, is a miniature of the bark skin spell from the current set - looks really cool!

Offline MetalKingStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 08:03:28 PM »
Hi guys!

I really appreciate the kind words about the game and art. I am working like a crazy person to get everything together, but I expect to have some sweet new content coming out before long. The Kickstarter first though... :)

It's true you can end up with a big brawl in the middle, but if you don't like that kind of battle the best way around it is to have terrain that discourages it. I've obviously played a ton of Relicblade. And making "Adventure" terrain really helps break up the battlefield. With an acropolis, or a tower that characters climb you can't bunch your guys up as much. So fighting on stair cases, and along castle walls turns into a rad movie-like battle.

Anyway. My warhammer FB and Warmachine terrain didn't work very well. Low hills and rough terrain are meaningless. Infinity/Mordheim/Frostgrave is better. Rope bridges, wizard towers, and perilous cliffs are winners.

I don't know if card sleeve sizes are different in Europe, but the cards are standard "Poker size" Though I think the standard poker size is different over there. SO! Trust Comsquare, he would know. I just make the stuff  :D

I hope to put together some neat scenarios when I get the chance. Generally speaking, what type of scenarios are your favorites? I really liked the Frostgrave scenarios that had monsters spawn on the board.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »
"Monsterhunting" would be fun, or some kind of "Rescue-mission".
Small campaign would be great as well, maybe 3-4 linked scenarios  :D

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2016, 09:50:12 PM »
Good answers guys! Looking forwards to the KS 8)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2016, 09:47:24 PM »
And here's part 4 ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFChBlXZmgs&feature=youtu.be&list=PLyZIstAVROKei-ahVakQothh6b4qbUYDc
Thanks for these. Always interesting to see how other folks approach this sort of work. I especially appreciate it as someone who is working towards sculpting miniatures in zBrush. Lots of video and tutorials out there but most of it is geared towards film and video game work.

I grabbed the PDF version of the game and it looks very fun. Hope you develop lots more character and monster types for it.

~Eric