Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:13:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dr Who Mico Universe figures going cheap....  (Read 6180 times)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Dr Who Mico Universe figures going cheap....
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
nothing released... can't find any pics on any website and even the Character Options site doesn't list one... seems odd they would do a new ship when they are pretty much dropping the range...

We thought it curious too - but so far we have only seen it in a three-pack of ships in Woolworths at about £15.
Unfortunately one of the "ships" is the out-of-scale Tardis, which reduces the value for money, but interesting that there is a ship that wasn't in wave 1
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 01:32:08 AM »
nothing released... can't find any pics on any website and even the Character Options site doesn't list one... seems odd they would do a new ship when they are pretty much dropping the range...

We thought it curious too - but so far we have only seen it in a three-pack of ships in Woolworths at about £15.
Unfortunately one of the "ships" is the out-of-scale Tardis, which reduces the value for money, but interesting that there is a ship that wasn't in wave 1

I saw that three-ship pack in Woolies last week, but the Tardis put me off so I didn't look closely at the other two  ::) Even with it included, £15.00 isn't too bad for a couple of decent models, especially if the figures are taken into account.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 12:19:35 PM »
Just to resurrect this thread, due to Woolworths' much publicised demise here in the UK, they have a massive sale going on.

This includes all the Dr Who range, 3 Fig packs are £4.49 and the 7 Fig packs are £6.99. The ships are also cheap, though I forget the price  :(

Sadly Dudley Woolies had no Space Pig today, but at least I have got myself 3 new Daleks, a Cyberman and various other figures of varying use. I think even the less immediately useful ones can be used as bystanders and the sort of unsavoury types that hang around in alien cantinas in 5150.  ;)

With a bit of a re-paint they will be ok as NPCs etc, as they are not really going to see any action and sci-fi civvies are few and far between  :( .

I'm resuming the quest for the Space Pig tomorrow at another local Woolies.......

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »
Just to resurrect this thread, due to Woolworths' much publicised demise here in the UK, they have a massive sale going on.

This includes all the Dr Who range, 3 Fig packs are £4.49 and the 7 Fig packs are £6.99. The ships are also cheap, though I forget the price  :(

Sadly Dudley Woolies had no Space Pig today, but at least I have got myself 3 new Daleks, a Cyberman and various other figures of varying use. I think even the less immediately useful ones can be used as bystanders and the sort of unsavoury types that hang around in alien cantinas in 5150.  ;)

With a bit of a re-paint they will be ok as NPCs etc, as they are not really going to see any action and sci-fi civvies are few and far between  :( .

I'm resuming the quest for the Space Pig tomorrow at another local Woolies.......

???

When the Sainsbury's sale was half price a few weeks back, (3 packs for £2.99) this doesn't really seem much of a sale as yet.

I'd wait till the receivers start liquidating stock... then it'll be a sale.

Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 01:16:44 PM »
Cambridge is too posh for Woolies apparently....  >:(

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
Cambridge is too posh for Woolies apparently....  >:(

No it just wants to think it is!  lol

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 01:48:29 PM »
they used to be here, but couldn't afford the rent and closed up about 8-10 years ago...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 03:38:13 PM »
???

When the Sainsbury's sale was half price a few weeks back, (3 packs for £2.99) this doesn't really seem much of a sale as yet.

Yes, but the 7 packs are £6.99, which equates to the Sainsbury's prices - plus you seem to get better figures in the 7 packs  :) The 3 packs have always been priced too high.....

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »
???

Yes, but the 7 packs are £6.99, which equates to the Sainsbury's prices - plus you seem to get better figures in the 7 packs  :) The 3 packs have always been priced too high.....

O I C.

Anyway now I have a K-9 (Affirmative Master) and a source for cheap daleks en masse, (have 12 now more than enough) and a cyberman or four I'm done with the bendy brigade so good luck with pigs in space and if you see Kermit and Fozzy tell em I said hi!

;)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 06:56:11 PM »
???

The 7 packs are only £4.98 in Tesco.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 11:18:58 PM »
???

O I C.

Anyway now I have a K-9 (Affirmative Master) and a source for cheap daleks en masse, (have 12 now more than enough) and a cyberman or four I'm done with the bendy brigade so good luck with pigs in space and if you see Kermit and Fozzy tell em I said hi!

;)

lol Oh yes!