Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout Battle Report: NCR Rangers vs Raiders  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
Fallout Battle Report: NCR Rangers vs Raiders
« on: November 22, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »
Well this weekend I decided to get some Fallout action in on the tabletop and so my girlfriend and I played a small skirmish game involving an intrepid band of NCR Rangers attacking a raider camp as retribution following the ambush of an NCR Caravan. The rules used were my own modification of 1987's Rogue Trader.

The raiders (represented by classic GW Necromunda Orlocks) were poorly equipped, poorly trained and outnumbered the Rangers 4:1.

The Rangers (Black Scorpion Cowboys) however were much better armed and had far superior stats giving them a good chance of success if used properly. Luckily my girlfriend was quick to realise that using cover and getting the NCR's finest into good fire positions was the key to success and so set about doing this as soon as practicable.

Eventually this tactic paid off and she was able to start to dominate the battlefield with her high-powered rifles whilst her pistol and shotgun troops quickly closed the distance to their foe.

This left the raiders on the back foot and many of their number were still in the camp as their front-line was shattered under the force of cowboy rifles and shotguns.

With this initial loss of momentum the raiders were never able to regain the initiative and eventually a lone ranger (get it...lone ranger) was able to creep into their rear lines and seize the objective from them!

Overall this was a great game and really reminded me of playing the original Fallout all those years ago. I think with the miniatures, the narrative and the bespoke terrain I was really able to capture the character of the California Wasteland.

There is a slightly more detailed BATREP and a lot more photos on my blog at:

My Blog
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Fallout Battle Report: NCR Rangers vs Raiders
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:00:38 PM »
Great report.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 11:33:03 PM »
Cheers mate

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 04:21:49 AM »
Love it!  :)  I seem to have developed a habit of constantly asking for sources in people's Fallout threads, so with that in mind;  :D where are the Jersey Barriers from?

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:36:24 AM »
Love it!  :)  I seem to have developed a habit of constantly asking for sources in people's Fallout threads, so with that in mind;  :D where are the Jersey Barriers from?

I've literally scoured my house and internet history to try and answer this question but no luck. I'm pretty sure I bought them off a random seller on eBay after typing in 'resin road blocks'. Hopefully this might help!

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 06:43:58 AM »
I've literally scoured my house and internet history to try and answer this question but no luck. I'm pretty sure I bought them off a random seller on eBay after typing in 'resin road blocks'. Hopefully this might help!

No worries! I appreciate the effort.  :)  Resin, eh?  The two resin makes I've looked at getting are Armorcast and Fenris Games (I'm sure there are others), and if it's between those two (which it's not, but let's pretend for a second...  ;) ), then based on the length that'd make them Armorcast.

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:31:17 PM »
Nice pictures, nice figures and fun terrain by the look of it - thank you for sharing!
Those barriers look similar to the Jersey Barriers Ainsty Castings sell if that helps you chaps.

Must say it is nice seeing lichen used so effectively! Seems to get bad press by some gamer types but these shots make it look great.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »
Nice report. I must dig out and paint some of my orlocks!!!

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 12:50:21 AM »
Cheers mate! I have to say the Orlocks are great figures! I just painted up five more with lasguns for my force