Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Horatio Class Airship (modified)  (Read 4113 times)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: Horatio Class Airship (modified due to cricket noises)
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »
Colour me cantankerous but I really liked the top heavy look from your initial design.  As was mentioned above, it was giving an excellent vibe of utility boat/tug.  I could just imagine a couple of over large deck hoops and a massive winch behind the superstructure and large davits around the rim.  :D

No, you can not be cantankerous! For I want the opposite, and I am a curmudgeon!!!  >:(

Oh, wait, actually that works...

Never mind...  ;)

Doug

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
Re: Horatio Class Airship (modified)
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 04:12:44 AM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Looks like I'll make two superstructures, the first floor being the same.  I'll keep the one top I've just created and make another with just railings for those who like a low profile.

The sale thing is a bit of a problem for me Doug.  I was literally cutting your Martian ship when my laser shat the bed and started cutting on an angle rather than the beautiful cuts I was getting.  I can still use it for prototyping but it isn't giving me the quality that I would be proud to sell.  I think I know what the problem is but my wife leaves for two weeks for England tomorrow, leaving me and my design program alone for two weeks, so I don't want to change anything on the laser until she comes back. Then I'll take my chances.  If what we try doesn't work, then I have to try and get enough designs ready for a Kickstarter to buy a new laser :( I DON'T want to have to do that as the whole point of me getting the laser was so I didn't have to use KS anymore, but...

Offline vsfguthroth

• Librarian
  • Literature ends in 1100 after that it's just books
    • My IHMN East Africa Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 12:45:38 PM »
If you do make this available for sale, I'm very interested.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
W.S. Churchill

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
Thanks for the update, Fergal, but as I said, I knew it was undiscovered country in a way, and patience the watch word.

The comment on this boat for sale was a small joke, knowing it might or might not see production, and indicating that my quibbles were slight, but also knowing even a mention of a salable kit would have prospective customers coming out of the woodwork (pun fully intended).

Personally, I'm just glad it isn't inclement weather being the problem. Plenty of that to go around, of course.

Doug

Edit: Oh, who am I kidding? The beautiful Martian screw ship! My heart is broken, Rusti, just broken!

By the by, will this get in the way of any of your other output? I'm intrigued by the Huron Dropship on your site.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:42:51 PM by The_Beast »

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »
I forgot to mention Doug that I appreciate that you saw I was trying to emulate the predreadnaught style with the overhanging superstructure.  I have spent quite a bit of time looking at late 19th century ships for inspiration.

It's been a crushing blow to my idea of making these ships, I wanted to build one, throw it up for sale, customize them when folks had a good idea and be a fast, responsive designing machine.  Now I can do everything but get cool stuff to folks that might be interested.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
Now, in the torment of your ego, you must turn to the dark side: show these beautiful wonders, deny us, and cackle at our frustration.  ;)

Doug