Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:57:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Twisted by Demented Games  (Read 2535 times)

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Twisted by Demented Games
« on: November 25, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
Hello Gents
This has recently come to my attention and I haven't seen mention of it here so thought I'd avail you of the Facebook page so here goes;
https://m.facebook.com/TwistedDG
I've bought the entire range available at the mo' and can vouch for some of the best sculpts I have seen or owned
The pics on FB show some excellent close-ups along with many different angles to each figure.
It's 32mm scale and there will be a Kickstarter in Jan/Feb with any luck.
There are currently 2 factions available..the Dickensians and the Servants of the Engine but I am led to believe that if the KS goes well we may get to see the Egyptians including a Carter character.There may also be some MDF Victorian buildings coming so watch this space
For those not on FB check out Demented Games for info and pics
I'm just an end user by the way but love this so much I'm doing some free promotion
Enjoy
Good moaning

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: Twisted by Demented Games
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »
For those not on FB check out Demented Games for info and pics

Demented Games Com

I think I've seen plenty on TMP from Tango posts. Very uneven in my response, but some QUITE interesting.

Doug

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
Some superb sculpts in amongst those. ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »
Building playable factions out of limited edition resins priced €19 a piece is way too rich for my blood, but assuming the ordinary production figures will be considerably cheaper, I'm interested in seeing where the Kickstarter goes.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »
Each faction will play with between 6 and 10 characters and I think these prices are in line with games like Infinity cost-wise.
I don't know how much the rules will be or what else will be needed in order to play but this isn't a game like Frostgrave or Saga where you can proxy old cheap figures so it's a choice of how much you like the game I suppose.Thr metals sculpts post KS will be a little cheaper as I understand it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:08:02 PM by discok3 »

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »
I get what kind of game it is - a boutique game - but I'm just saying, the current prices are above the levels of other boutique games including Infinity. As it happens I just did a fairly thorough price comparison of about a dozen different boutique games for the purposes of a discussion in another forum (LINK) last week, so I think I have a decent overview of typical prices in this sector of the wargames industry. €19 is steep even by those standards. Quite a bit above Infinity, for instance.

But to be clear, I'm not aiming to be critical of the prices, because the products currently on offer are "collector's edition" resins. By comparison, the resin versions of some of Kev White's figures over at Hasslefree Miniatures are priced over twice as high as the ordinary metal versions (£10 vs £4.17, VAT excluded). Collector's edition type resin figures are by their nature expensive luxury items, that's just the way it is, and I wasn't saying anything to the contrary. What I was saying was that I might be mildly interested in this game once the ordinary production metals are available, at the sort of Infinity-level prices I expect they'll naturally be selling for.

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »
Evening Rhoderic,
You are a learned gent and your views and research prove your points well.I realise you're not attacking the prices per se and that you are in fact interested in the game so we're on the same page.Steamforged Games charge £2 more per figure for their resin versions of the Guild Ball minis so seems reasonable to think the metals will make them more affordable in the KS.
My main point in favour of the Twisted minis and their value for money is the quality of the sculpts..the detail is exemplary as is the dynamism and I can honestly say that they are the most interesting,exquisite and perfect miniatures I've ever seen or owned
I will absolutely buy the whole range over the coming months/years.I hope you do too😉
Cheers
Kev