Forum > Other Adventures

Lewis and Clark

(1/2) > >>

UncleRhino:
My father-in-law is a Lewis and Clark reenactor, and over the next five days I will doubtless hear their virtues extolled repeatedly as we spend the turkey day with them.  I wonder if I can withstand that much of a history period I am not terribly interested in, but at the same time, we all have some period of history we geek out on, who am I to poo-poo and wave off his?

Anyhow, I was thinking that maybe for Christmas I would acquire and paint up a pair of Lewis and Clark miniatures for him, nothing too fancy, as I will be doing the brushwork and all.  I guess my question is, do any of you know of a manufacturer that makes a nice set of the two of them?  Preferrably in 25-28mm as that is what I know how to paint, and also preferrably not horribly expensive, then again, how many father-in-law's do I have?  Just the one, and as a 60+ year old guy sleeping on a keel boat and working just as hard as the rest of them in their early 30's, he deserves something nice for his office desk.

Any thoughts?  Maybe somebody has some they would want to trade even?

Ryan

Cory:
I don't know about 28mm, but the Imex 1/72 scale set is quite nice and includes several minis as well as some gear and a canoe.

commissarmoody:
I guess check out the Lewis and Clark historical socitiy, when I lived in the NWs there were all kinds of figuers and mins of them you could buy along the trail, but sadly I dont live there any more.

Mancha:
I've never had a great idea of what Lewis and Clark actually wore.  If your father-in-law is a purist, you should probably find out from him before you go presenting him with some myth that violates reality.  You know how that drives purists nuts.  Looking at quickly Google'd pictures, it seems one of them went completely native, while the other still wore some uniform stuff.

With that said, I'd think any of the lines that sell mountain men and their ilk would be good places to start.  Conquest, for example, has some good stuff.  How about this one (the dude on the right of course):

And the frontiersman on the left might work:

The guy with the tricorn is cool:

Third from the right looks a lot like pictures:

Foundry has mountain men as well, and would be another place to look.

UncleRhino:
Yeah, he is definately a purist, he has all the period costumes, bearskin hats and everything.  I looked at the Foundry stuff and did not find exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks for the suggestions, I will investigate further.

Ryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version