Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hammerhead Wargames Show 2016  (Read 6047 times)

Offline Sally Kallistra

• Student
Hammerhead Wargames Show 2016
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »

Hammerhead 2016 will be taking place on Saturday 5th March at the The George Stephenson Exhibition Hall, Newark Showground, Newark, from 10am until 4.30pm.

The Hammerhead Venue

All 50+ games at Hammerhead are visitor participation, which means that you are very welcome 'to have a go' at a wide variety of different historical and fantasy based games run by intrepid gaming clubs, historical societies, wargame companies and enthusiastic groups of gamers. You will be able to play a full game or simply move a few miniatures, roll some dice, have a chat with the people running the game and then move onto the next. The show provides a great opportunity to try out new or familiar game systems and spend a day indulging yourself and friends in this absorbing and fascinating hobby. Whether you're interested in Napoleonic, WW1, WW2, Medieval, Ancients, Fantasy or Science Fiction, we are sure that you will find a selection of games you would like to play.

There is a great selection of 45 top traders/manufacturers selling a wide variety of wargaming wares, miniatures, terrain and scenery, books and gaming accessories.

Hammerhead show will be hosting a Tabletop Sale, you basically hire a table for one hour to sell your unwanted wargames items. You can deal directly with the buyers and answer any questions they may have. With no commission, you keep all the profits.

The Hammerhead 2016 miniature, a French general, will be available for the first time on the day of the show for the token price of £1.00 GBP, or FREE if you purchase your Hammerhead 2016 Entry ticket online prior to the show. See website for details.

Parking is plentiful and FREE. Newark Showground is only a few minutes from the A1 at Newark Junction.

For full details of all the traders and games plus tabletop sales and entry ticket sales, visit the Hammerhead Show website, http://www.hammerheadshow.co.uk

Looking forward to seeing you there, for a great day out! :D

Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Hammerhead-Show-304735759662443/

Check out the 2015 clips on Youtube: https://youtu.be/dZeZU0RKlUM and https://youtu.be/hfJtjTvhAQo

Hammerhead 2016 is being run by Kallistra Ltd with assistance from The Forest Outlaws Wargamers Club and the GCN.

Offline Sally Kallistra

• Student
Re: Hammerhead Wargames Show 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 10:03:14 PM »
2 weeks to go to Hammerhead 2016 - Saturday 5th March at the The George Stephenson Exhibition Hall, Newark Showground, Newark.

With 55 great visitor participation games at Hammerhead, whether you're interested in Napoleonic, WW1, WW2, Medieval, Ancients, Fantasy or Science Fiction, we are sure that you will find a selection of games you would like to play.

There is a great selection of 44 top traders/manufacturers selling a wide variety of wargaming wares, miniatures, terrain and scenery, books and gaming accessories.

If you would like to book a tabletop sales table, there are only a few tables remaining, first-come, first-served!

There's still time to buy your online entry ticket and collect your free Hammerhead miniature on the day!

For those of you wanting to plan your route around the show, the floor plan for Hammerhead 2016 is now available

(Larger floorplan can be found on the Hammerhead website)

For full details of all the traders and games plus tabletop sales and entry ticket sales, visit the Hammerhead Show website, http://www.hammerheadshow.co.uk

Looking forward to seeing you there, for a great day out! :D

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
Thanks for the info; looking forward to visiting the show and get a couple of games in.

RMZ

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 01:09:14 PM »
A great show getting better every year

Offline dhtandco

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 11:32:43 PM »
Malc and I will be running a Mogadishu game so if you fancy your chances as a D boy, Italian or even the Somali residents come a long for a game ?!

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 05:36:45 PM »
Looking forward to the show, Scarab Miniatures will be there with a full trade stand and a War & Conquest participation game - Athens vs Sparta
Kind regards
Rob Broom
ScarabMiniatures
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

Offline dhtandco

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 08:10:52 PM »
Thanks for a great show we had a blast and will be back next year with a new game!

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 10:16:33 PM »
Smashing show, good venue, thanks for hosting again Sally & co!

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 11:14:58 PM »
Great show, I swear it was busier than last year!  :D

Well, it must have been, because of all the showgoers I didn't even see James there.  :o
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 05:29:31 PM »
Great show, I swear it was busier than last year!  :D

Well, it must have been, because of all the showgoers I didn't even see James there.  :o

Musta missed you! Yes it was pretty busy. Catch you at Partizan then.

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
It was an excellently organised and attended show. Thank you for putting it on.

###

If its of interest to people, I took quite a few photographs at the Hammerhead show, yesterday. I won't put all of them up on the forum, as there's 140+.

Here's a link to the blog post which features them.

http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/hammerhead-show-photos-pictures-of-games.html

I'll also say that, if you've access to Facebook, Wargames Soldiers and Strategy magazine have some better detailed shots of some of the games, including details. Wargames Illustrated, also, have some excellent photos up on their website.

"Show photos from Hammerhead. I don't like to intrude on games, so these aren't very 'zoomed-in', I also like to get the overall view of the table (detritus included) as that's the nuts-and-bolts of the hobby to my mind. I've blanked out the faces of any children captured in the photos - I tried my hardest to minimise their inclusion, but in some cases it was unavoidable. Looking at the photo's taken, I believe I missed two games - I can only apologies to these clubs/groups."

Cheers
Roy