Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Intro: Lao Xane and now Lao Jade (Warband Reboot Jul 06)  (Read 10428 times)

Offline markdienekes

• Bookworm
Re: Intro: Lao Xane from the lost city of Xao
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 10:44:12 AM »
Great read, thanks!

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 01:19:54 PM »
Constructs Small med and large.  ;)

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »
Ooh I like those! Where are they from?

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 11:30:52 PM »
They are all "former" Dreamblade models. Dreamblade was a chess like collectible minis game that wizards of the coast put out years ago but it died quickly after wizards stopped doing large tournaments with prize support.

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 11:38:40 PM »
Here are some Wizards and their minions I tossed together with models I had laying around. Many need touch ups paint wise but they all have nice themes and look pretty cool I think. They are gonna be my "loner" armies since I'm trying to get a bunch more ppl interested in frostgrave :-)

The first is Damien Black with his apprentice Cole and their minions. In the back on the ruins are Damien Black himself and his apprentice cole(the smaller one is Cole). Left to right: Minor Demon, Major Demon, Imp, Thief, five Infantrymen, another thief, Animal companion (Bear), and a "crazy" zombie.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:04:36 PM by Timeshadow »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 11:41:59 PM »
The next is my Enchanter Ackeron with his apprentice Kate up in the back. In the front left to right:
(Ninja) Thief, (Herculean) Thug, Medium Construct, (In the back) Minor Demon/Angel, Small construct, Crossbowman, Large Construct, Archer....repeat in reverse order  ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:21:27 PM by Timeshadow »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 11:46:26 PM »
My third band includes my Elementalist Aurora Monroe (yes I went there), and her apprentice Bolt. Left to right:
2 Warhounds, Large "Elemental" construct, Marksman, Thug, 2 Small "Elemental" constructs, Medium "Elemental" construct,Thief Marksman, Thug, and a pair of med-large "Elemental" constructs.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:20:31 PM by Timeshadow »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 11:50:40 PM »
Finally we have the great combat Thamaturgest  Dr Infinite and his apprentice Fred. Left to right:
2 Warhounds, Treasure hunter, Goblin Thief, Infantryman, Goblin thief, Treasure hunter,, Goblin thief, and Animal companion "Skyrum the Griffon"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:32:15 PM by Timeshadow »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 01:38:35 AM »
Now my Witch Loki and her lackey Malklith. Left to right:
2 Small(Front), 2 Medium (middle), 2 Large (back) Inscetoid constructs, Thief, Five Infantrymen, thief, 2 "Bottle" Minor Demons, and the Minotaur Animal companion "Ragnarock".
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:36:59 PM by Timeshadow »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 03:38:11 PM »
Modified with descriptions of what each model was supposed to be.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »
Great warbands!

They are all "former" Dreamblade models. Dreamblade was a chess like collectible minis game that wizards of the coast put out years ago but it died quickly after wizards stopped doing large tournaments with prize support.

Ah, thanks - I have a couple of Dreamblade minis myself - they lend themselves very well to Frostgrave.

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
I used to play Dreamblade and it was a very interesting game but not fun outside of competitive play which was in my opinion the main reason it died. On the bright side I have a ton of cool looking models to cannibalize for other games. I was also a big Heroclix player back in the day as you can see from many of the minis shown. Super Heros/Villans lend themselves very well to Wizardry :-)

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
So I started a new campaign today with both excellent and devastating results. First game vs my illusionist opponent went well I took 4 treasures to his 3 ( and he was the one to get reveal secret off)
Both sides did well with no real losses. Then we played the moselium and things went badly with my apprentice getting shot down quickly and a super skeleton taking out not only my wizard but both his wizard and apprentice. I was able though to keep my head and secure 5 treasures. Unfortunately my wizard Xane rolled a 2 for recovery and died. I could have restarted but I had a nearly perfect warband now and total of six spellbooks acquired so I early promoted Jade to wizard. Her stats are M6 F +2/3 S-2 A10 W +2 health 12 and she casts with no penalty (she is effectively - 4th lvl(wizard was lvl 6 so -10= lvl -4). It's gonna be a challenge getting caught up.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:04:34 PM by Timeshadow »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Jade dried her eyes and continued to go through her now deceased master's notes. She had to be strong. She had
to lead the group now. Thank goodness Vandal was still with her or she didn't think she would have been brave
enough.

The last few days had started out so well. They had gone once again into the ruins of Frostgrave and with Xane's
guidance and leadership had driven back a rival Wizard, an Illusionist with next to no losses and secured many
treasures and several spellbooks. They had even begun plans to renovate their Inn to make it more comfortable
adding a rookery for carrier pigeons and a kennel for the dogs. They had even hired a new hand his name was
G'regl and he had claimed he knew where more treasures were hidden in the city. This is where things began to go
wrong....the treacherous little toad had us all fooled it was all an "Illusion".

For some reason the greater divinations were not working little did we know we were being sabotaged. We had
arrived at the ancient Mausoleum and Xane seemed more serous than he had ever been and he cautioned me about
overconfidence. Once again across the ruins was the Illusionist Esmeralda she had plotted revenge since our last
encounter and with the betrayal of G'regl trapped us, but Xane used his magics to twist fate and turn the trap
back upon the deceiving vixen. He sacrificed himself to not only save all of us but seize most of the
treasures hidden in the mausoleum and deal a little pain to the Illusionist and her apprentice.

I did not see what happened but Vandel loyal brave Vandel stayed and saw it all. The Illusionist had cast a
spell to send the hoards of undead from the mausoleum directly at our fleeing warband and burdened as we were
with our injured and the treasures we had acquired they would had us. Xane allowed himself to be slain so his
spirit might possess one of the mindless undead and he turned the tide back on the Illusionist forcing first
her apprentice then the Great Esmeralda herself to flee badly injured their plan for revenge thwarted. Vandel
was able to retrieve Xane's lifeless body afterward for berial.

As Jade pondered the previous days she noticed an envelope with her name on it within the spellbook Xane had
last been studying. She opened it and read.

"My apprentice Jade. I have had a feeling for some time now that I would be soon leaving you. So I leave this
message in case my departure is sudden and final. I Lao Xane am your Uncle and you are now the last of my line.
Within my notes are the notes and rituals that will unlock your true potential and allow you to claim your
birthright. My brother never wanted you to become a wizard but you had so much potential and with his unfortunate
passing you came into my care. He and your mother were assassinated and the contract included any children of
his house so I hid your identity and did not acknowledge your bloodline to protect you. Now we are far from lost
Xao and you will need the powers granted to our bloodline to continue. First you must summon James then he will
help you with the final steps you will need to take to become a full wizard. I will be sure you have plenty of
resources before I go this I have foreseen, so take your time and complete the rutuals then go back into
Frostgrave. There are great treasures and magical mysteries for you to discover there and I know you will do me
proud......I have foreseen it. Lao Xane Soothsayer of the first house of Xao.

One week later Jade looked out over the deadly ruins of Frostgrave she was distracted from her musings by the sounds of
bickering. She smiled as she saw her apprentice arguing with Korvak. It didn't take magic to see that it would
never work out between those two. Sasha was just too independent and free spirited to kow-tau to a brute like
Korvak and he was too stubborn to change for anyone. As long as it didn't interfeer with her studies or their research it didn't matter. His brother Vandal had seen the exchange too and winked at Jade. She smiled Vandal could always cheer her up. She turned back to the ruins ahead. She knew that great treasures awaited along with great danger but she and her followers would become some of the greatest explorers ever known to travel the icy streets of Frostgrave she had foreseen it.......
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:06:24 PM by Timeshadow »

Offline Mr Hall

• Assistant
    • Hall Of Legends
Re: Intro: Lao Xane and now Lao Jade (Plus my own Frostgravery updates)
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »
Just found this- reading through now :)