Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Werewolves in IHMN Gothic - a few questions  (Read 1935 times)

Offline timt

• Assistant
Werewolves in IHMN Gothic - a few questions
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:55:10 PM »
A friend gave me some surplus wolves/werewolves and supporting cast from the Blue Moon range (one of them has already played the role of Black Jack) and I decided to go for a company of Werewolves from the Gothic supplement. This has raised a few questions for me which it may be useful to have clarification upon before the new volume is released to an eager public.

1. Points for "Transform" creatures - I presume that these creatures are pointed up in each form and then the average taken. This works for the Accursed but when I tried it for the normal werewolf (if that is not a contradiction in terms) I got a value of 34 rather than 37. Have I miscalculated or am I displaying excessive presumption as to the methodology?

2. If my presumption for 1. is correct then presumably the weapon additions will be also be pointed according to who can use them (ie pistol at 2/3 because it can be used by the human and the hybrid but not the full werewolf. Incidentally, if I am correct here, one can continue using that most efficacious device - Lady Kate's Enumerator - to point up one's company by assigning each type the relevant fraction (that is to say the Accursed Werewolf and Accursed Hybrid are each 1/2, and the Werewolf human, Werewolf hybrid and Werewolf wolf are each 1/3).

3. Should werewolf humans have armour 10? The reason for asking this is that the list offers them the ability to upgrade their armour to lined coat or brigandine which seems superfluous.

I have only recently joined this group and have been reading back posts - I trust I am not reiterating what has gone before.

Example using the Enumerator for a company of 1 x Accursed, 3 x Werewolves and 1 x Bloodwolf   

Werewolf                           
Total Cost      249.5                     

Multiple   Type   Cost   Pluck   FV   SV   Speed   Talents   Armour   Weaponry
0.5   Fenrir - Accursed Werewolf   75   2+   +4   +0   +1   Leadership +2   Breastplate, Steel   Custom - Bite
                     Inspirational      
                     Terrifying      
                     Transform      

0.5   Fenrir - Accursed Hybrid Werewolf   68   3+   +3   +2   +1   Leadership +2   Breastplate, Steel   Custom - Bite
                     Inspirational      
                     Terrifying      Pistol
                     Transform      

0.333333333   Werewolf - Human form   30   4+   +1   +1   +0   Transform   Chain shirt, Steel   Shotgun, short
                     Part of the Crowd      

0.666666667   Werewolf - Human form   23   4+   +1   +1   +0   Transform   Chain shirt, Steel   Pistol

0.333333333   Werewolf - Hybrid   45   3+   +2   +0   +1   Horror   Chain shirt, Steel   Custom - Bite
                     Transform      Shotgun, short

0.666666667   Werewolf - Hybrid   43   3+   +2   +0   +1   Horror   Chain shirt, Steel   Custom - Bite
                     Transform      Pistol

1   Werewolf - Wolf   42   3+   +3   +0   +1   Horror   Chain shirt, Steel   Custom - Bite
                     Transform      

1   Bloodwolf   67   2+   +5   +0   +0   Beserker   Breastplate, SRC   Custom - Bite
                     Terrifying      

I will learn how to insert a table in due course but I trust the above gives you the general idea,                            

Regards
Tim

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Werewolves in IHMN Gothic - a few questions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 09:53:16 AM »
Hello Tim,

We set a KISS rule early on when considering figures that could transform or transmogrify. We worked out the cost for each form then took the highest as the cost for the figure in any form.

Werewolves in human form should be armour 7 - my bad  :D
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline timt

• Assistant
Re: Werewolves in IHMN Gothic - a few questions
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »
Hi Craig

Thanks for the reply which makes lots of sense - I am always in favour of KISS.

I have amended the formulae in my Enumerator in column B so that it does not pick up values if the value in column A is zero. That way you can point everything and choose a 'multiple' value for the row with the highest value.

Regards
Tim