Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690889
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [kickstarter] Westfalia's Halfmen - Many thanks!  (Read 11174 times)

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
Re: [kickstarter] Westfalia's Halfmen
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 03:24:13 PM »
For the Halfmen unit deals, will there be an equivalent deal for the now-unlocked halfmen-at-arms?

Sorry about the EB - I really didn't think that would happen this fast!

The foot knights come with a lot more options than the normal rankers. That and I only have 2 atm. I intended them to work as alternative unit champions mosty, but I could see myself organising a small unit of foot knights. Hmmm Maybe i have 2 more bodies made, then I guess it would work.
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »
would take a half men at arms unit too into my pledge
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline tradgardmastre

• Librarian
  • Courage is found in unlikely places. J.R.R.Tolkien
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 04:54:09 PM »
I'm in and really excited about the figures already!
You are welcome to visit my Duchy of Tradgardland blog at:
http://tradgardland.blogspot.com/ and my 20th century gaming blog at : http://armyredwhite.blogspot.com/
New interwar imaginations blog at:
http://interbellumimaginations.blogspot.com/

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 05:25:57 PM »
Bloody hell you're off to a good start!
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
Sorry about the EB - I really didn't think that would happen this fast!

The foot knights come with a lot more options than the normal rankers. That and I only have 2 atm. I intended them to work as alternative unit champions mosty, but I could see myself organising a small unit of foot knights. Hmmm Maybe i have 2 more bodies made, then I guess it would work.

No worries on the EB, such things happen!  With the foot knights, you have alternate arms already, so a smaller unit size of 6 or something should not have too much repetition.  If they are being used for Dragon Rampant, the foot knights are usually smaller sized units anyway.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »
No worries on the EB, such things happen!  With the foot knights, you have alternate arms already, so a smaller unit size of 6 or something should not have too much repetition.  If they are being used for Dragon Rampant, the foot knights are usually smaller sized units anyway.

Good point. I shall add another Add on item soon.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
Plus, you could add the add-on as-is, and if you opt to include alternate sculpts/variants, I doubt anyone would complain with you swapping out the repeated models for different poses.  Heck, you could even make that a little stretch goal if you run out of them  ;)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »
yes good idea doing them in 6 men units !!

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 09:23:10 AM »
Plus, you could add the add-on as-is, and if you opt to include alternate sculpts/variants, I doubt anyone would complain with you swapping out the repeated models for different poses.  Heck, you could even make that a little stretch goal if you run out of them  ;)

Ok - I need to think on how to handle that. The sculptor time is tied into lots of goat-ish things and I don't want to compromise March as the delivery date...
I am still surprised by the number of people joining the campaign and by the amount of funds.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 09:45:52 AM »
Great start with the KS  8) Hopefully there will be still many more stretch goals reached  :D

I'm in for a small army currently and aiming to get some of the stretch goals as extra but have I missed something or how does one add extras with the pledge manager? Or do I just now add extra dosh to my pledge and when the KS closes I then inform you what I want as extras?

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 10:00:56 AM »

I am still surprised by the number of people joining the campaign and by the amount of funds.

You shouldn't be - the models are beautiful and anything with an Oldhammer flavour is going to drag money out of wallets.

Halflings aren't my personal thing or I'd be all over it. I can't wait to see what's lined up for future releases (maybe Beastmen if I read your hint right).
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 10:22:58 AM »
And never mind my previous post  o_o Managed to sort it out and upped my pledge and pushed the total over 11K :) So now waiting to see the next stretch goal revealed :D

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »
You shouldn't be - the models are beautiful and anything with an Oldhammer flavour is going to drag money out of wallets.

Halflings aren't my personal thing or I'd be all over it. I can't wait to see what's lined up for future releases (maybe Beastmen if I read your hint right).

I know Oldhammer has no real definition, but to me it's the 'Realm of Chaos / Necromunda /<=4th Edition' thing mostly.
That and I am a bit weary of people using Oldhammer as some sort of 'Fair Trade' label to be honest.

Beastmen huh? I like the sound of that. :--)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:04:04 PM by Schrumpfkopf »

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »
Beastmen huh? I like the sound of that. :--)

So do I...  :) As long as they get a Westfalia Twist to make them unique.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 04:42:03 PM »
Ok - I need to think on how to handle that. The sculptor time is tied into lots of goat-ish things and I don't want to compromise March as the delivery date...

Well, you could consider making an announcement that certain new stretch goals cannot be completed in time for the delivery of March, so if anyone wants them in their order they would have to wait an extra couple months.  Better to do that than rush and release an inferior product. I think backers would be ok with that. Or you could just reach a point and say 'no more stretch goals' then any other profit afterwards you could invest on your own pace.

As for the success, you have done a great job with promoting the range, sending out samples, and getting the community involved with your progress.  It helps that you have a cracking sculptor working for you as well!  :D