Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 10 - Rules  (Read 41730 times)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
No Vikings? That berserker at Stamford Bridge is gonna be pissed... ;)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
sorry for the delay with reply. They're too much fantasy, so no, they wouldn't count.
No problem - I sort of agree. :D Was hoping to be able to trim the lead mountain for that one... oh well. =)
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I’m a little confuse  and English is not my first language but I would like to know the answers to the following questions;

Are Kobolds OK for the "creatures" round ? I have some of them (in the form of Reaper Bones figures) that are yet to be painted.

Can we show "diorama" has an entry as long as they are wargaming figures and a team of at least 5 ? Or it should only be "Gaming pieces"  :?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Are Kobolds OK for the "creatures" round ? I have some of them (in the form of Reaper Bones figures) that are yet to be painted.

The specific Reaper Bones ones are armed with swords and wearing tunics, hence they aren't feral enough.

Can we show "diorama" has an entry as long as they are wargaming figures and a team of at least 5 ? Or it should only be "Gaming pieces"  :?

That's okay.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
To score the Round 1 bonus points, can I submit a team of 5 sitting/kneeling/lying figures PLUS any number of figures that are standing, walking or in other poses?
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
To score the Round 1 bonus points, can I submit a team of 5 sitting/kneeling/lying figures PLUS any number of figures that are standing, walking or in other poses?

Yes.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
For round 1 does a seated mummy count? ie an ancestral mummy like the Incas carried about in palanquins?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
For round 1 does a seated mummy count? ie an ancestral mummy like the Incas carried about in palanquins?

It's dead, so it doesn't count.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Good thing I didn't choose to go with my earlier idea of five sitting skeletons for a dungeon. (They would have had glowing eyes though, more "undead guardians" than "lifeless relics".)

Offline jthomlin

• Scientist
    • My Trade site
Trying to sort out my round one entry and I've come to the conclusion that with the particular figures I have chosen, basing them individually really serves me no purpose and they would be better just on one stand, but I suspect then that they would not qualify?

Cheers!
Joe Thomlinson
"There is a pleasure sure In being mad which none but madmen know."

~John Dryden, The Spanish Friar, 1681

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Trying to sort out my round one entry and I've come to the conclusion that with the particular figures I have chosen, basing them individually really serves me no purpose and they would be better just on one stand, but I suspect then that they would not qualify?

One stand would be okay, Joe.

Offline jthomlin

• Scientist
    • My Trade site
Very happy to be wrong here ...  :D

Thank you sir!

Cheers!
Joe Thomlinson

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
Just to be sure... 19.00 (7 pm) GMT is 20.00 CET right  ;D

Cheers,

Za

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Just to be sure... 19.00 (7 pm) GMT is 20.00 CET right  ;D

Yes, that's correct.

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
Re: The Lead Painters League Season 10 - Rules
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2016, 12:38:29 AM »
Stupid question sorry: would a snotling with his head between his legs count as not standing?