Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 10 - General Discussion (Round 11 started)  (Read 62216 times)

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
No, it wasn't supposed to be blank, as usual there was some information about Round 1 starting and the link to the forum

Mine's empty as well, header only no content.

Been fretting all day at work, since nothing posted before my shift started...

Home again now, & My, Oh MY do we have a horserace, or whatt!!!!

Some mis-fortunate pairings of Titan vs Titan, but WOW!!

Times like these I really miss that

BOTH

button...

Adding such a device would NOT result in auto-ties.

Somebody, probably more'n a few, will vote for one, or t'other.

There will be a winner!!

& I will win too, knowing I've given accolades & approbation to both worthies!!

I mean, just lookit how many fine entrants are staring at the fuzzy end of the lollipop, this first round.

These guys are good, real good, but dayum, their equally good, or just a smidgen better opponent runs away with many more votes.

Even the over-obvious ever popular attraction of Nippleodeon makes no winner certain!

This is gonna be a whole lotta FUN!

Valerik

Wants the damn BOTH button inna BIG way

BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Well, my attempt to be involved this year was a disaster... I just couldn't pull it off. Now I have a handfull of five-figure parties have painted/assembled... Maybe I'll keep working and prep them for next year! :)

Good luck guys, I'm looking forward to it eagerly!

thanks
n

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Well, my attempt to be involved this year was a disaster... I just couldn't pull it off. Now I have a handfull of five-figure parties have painted/assembled... Maybe I'll keep working and prep them for next year! :)

That sounds like a good plan Neldoreth! The way to guarantee you make the next LPL is to build a few teams well in advance  :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Round 2 started. Like mentioned in this round we started using of the Swiss System. So nothing random any more, no manual adjustments, what will be, will be. Good luck, guys :)

Offline philp

• Assistant
So far the first two rounds have been interesting with some well matched sets making voting difficult.  I feel sometimes it comes down to how well they were photographed so I can better see the details in which finally gets my vote.

I do have one suggestion either for further rounds or next year's competition.
How about dropping the names from the rounds so that the voting is more anonymous?

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
I am not sure if its me missing something, my PC or somethings gone wrong, but in round 2 i can only see 16 instead of 17 pairings at the moment. My 15mm dark elves have disappeared.
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
I am not sure if its me missing something, my PC or somethings gone wrong, but in round 2 i can only see 16 instead of 17 pairings at the moment. My 15mm dark elves have disappeared.

Robert, please check your PMs

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
I can't find the match-up with Michi... was that SF's? I had all entries open in tabs since yesterday but only got around to voting today... one didn't work and upon reloading seemed to be unavailable.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
Shame what happened to Michi's thing. Wasn't my sort of deal, but I still thought it was good.

I don't like the removal of anything, regardless of the content. :(

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Shame what happened to Michi's thing. Wasn't my sort of deal, but I still thought it was good.

I don't like the removal of anything, regardless of the content. :(

Me too and it didn't make me happy but it had to be for some reasons. I've talked and explained everything to Michi and Steam Flunky and both guys are absolutely fine with this decision. The votes gained aren't going to loose, Steam Flunky won with about 85 vote points difference.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
While it's none of my business, what happened? Did someone take offence with the nudity of an LPL entry?  :'(

Also: A tip for future moderation situations... don't nuke offending material. Censor it and leave the discussion (locked if need be) for posterity. It's usually not a problem here, but other forums suffer from the whole "what happened?! where did those threads go?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:16:06 PM by phreedh »

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
Me too and it didn't make me happy but it had to be for some reasons. I've talked and explained everything to Michi and Steam Flunky and both guys are absolutely fine with this decision. The votes gained aren't going to loose, Steam Flunky won with about 85 vote points difference.

I understand that you have to do things you don't want to when your hands are tied.

While it's none of my business, what happened? Did someone take offence with the nudity of an LPL entry?  :'(

Also: A tip for future moderation situations... don't nuke offending material. Censor it and leave the discussion (locked if need be) for posterity. It's usually not a problem here, but other forums suffer from the whole "what happened?! where did those threads go?"

Prof left the thread up over here.

I don't know the actual reason for removal, though, since Prof said it was nothing mentioned in that thread.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Not the nudity (which is allowed) but some particular interpretation of the scene that I am not going to explain, sorry. Now it's over, persons concerned have agreed and I would be really thankful guys for letting the subject drop. It's been a very stressful day. Thank you.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
I would be really thankful guys for letting the subject drop.
No probs with that Prof. =)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
And back to the main story...

What a wonderful example of miniature painting by one and all.
Thanks to everyone who is participating as I, for one, love catching the latest instalment of the LPL on a Sunday morning and long may it continue.

Keep it up, people, it is great entertainment, full of some of the best miniature eye-candy around.
 :D