Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:21:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) BTD 4 day sale.....half price on historical and fantasy ranges  (Read 6906 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Black Tree have announced a 4 day end of year sale, 25% discount on Doctor Who ranges and 50% discount on all historical infantry and all the fantasy ranges, ends Sunday night.

http://eoeorbisuk.com/    UK/European site
http://eoeorbis.com/       USA site
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:10:47 PM by Prof.Witchheimer »

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Damn it. I thought the 40% off everything sale last month was the best I was going to get and jumped on that. I'd have saved a good £40 had I waited (yeah, I made a very big order for almost £300).

I think the discount in the Doctor Who section is in fact 50% as well. The figures are cheaper now than when I bought them at 40% off. (Still fairly dear at over £2 per figure, though.)
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
I just picked up enough Zulu War British and NNC figures for a complete force for T&T or "Men Who Would Be King" for less than it would have cost in plastics.....amazing.

This is just the first part of the sale, I get the impression that different parts of the ranges will be similarly discounted after Sunday.....Zulu War Artillery at these sort of prices
  :o

Offline Jacksarge

• Scientist
    • Jacksarge Painting
I bought some stuff from them in the sale....12 days later still no confirmation of dispatch. I emailed them, but no response. ???
A quick look on their public Facebook page shows that I'm not alone, some blokes have been waiting 20 days after multiple emails, & still nothing: https://www.facebook.com/blacktreedesignminiatures/

Sales are a great thing, and I guess they may be running around like headless chickens trying to get their stock organised....but a little bit of communication goes a long way to keeping the customer happy.

Anyone else having the same issues?

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
I had a long wait last year after their Holiday sale but everything turned up eventually. It is easy to forget that almost all wargames companies (I'm averaging out the very small one man in a shed types with the larger GW esque level beasts) are small operations which can can quickly become swamped. The sale items I received this year, as with last, were newly cast to order. Factor in how long it can take to get casters to make your figures, coupled with a big sale and you can end up with delays. This can be further hampered through staff illness, issues etc.

I appreciate how annoying it is when something you order does not arrive in a timely manner. It can be further compounded by a lack of communication. I've had to wait considerable time for figures from BTD but they have always arrived and they have always arrived in good, well cast condition. Not much consolation I guess but I'd suggest you give it another week or two. If all else fails you can start a refund based on the manner in which you paid?

Offline Jacksarge

• Scientist
    • Jacksarge Painting
Thanks for that, I'll give them a couple more weeks. I paid via PayPal, so at least I can open a dispute resolution with them if it continues.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
For what it's worth, I can confirm that at the moment they're in the process of casting at least some of their things to order. I received most of the items in that mammoth order I made two months back, but a few things are still to be sent in a second shipment because for whatever reason they're taking time to get cast up. They've offered me some free packs for the trouble (although, again, I did make a very large order so I can't guarantee everyone will be getting that same offer).

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
I made 2 orders during the sale, received one early last week and one this morning. I do know that during 2 weeks of sale they got more orders than they would normally in 3 months so they are kinda busy.

From previous discussions I have had with them very little in their range is held as "stock", most orders being cast as required.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Their Zulu War range looks good ..... and then you notice the lack of any mounted figures!!!!!
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
I'm in a similar position, placed a reasonable order 12 days ago, emailed and PM'd on FB and not heard back BUT there are a number of messages stating that they are swamped atm so I am not overly concerned yet.

Like you I paid over Paypal so can raise a dispute but won't be doing so just yet as I'm keen to get the figures. I placed a small order some time ago and the service I received was excellent. My only concern is they did have a bad reputation a few years ago but they do seem to have overcome that.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
I've just noticed that BTD have launched yet another 50% off sale. I'm now slightly peeved as they still seem to be having issues with fulfilling orders from their previous one.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
BTD always have sales on it seems. I think it is their modus operandi. They just change what is being on sale a lot.

I made an order around Xmas time. It took a while but did arrive.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
yep, its monthly if not weekly business model with products rotating.

I have ordered from them several timeslast year. I think you need to expect slower service than you may be used to. Not what people want to hear but its the case and has been for a long time with BTD

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
yep, its monthly if not weekly business model with products rotating.

I have ordered from them several timeslast year. I think you need to expect slower service than you may be used to. Not what people want to hear but its the case and has been for a long time with BTD

I don't know about the company now, but a few years ago it was a very long wait.

Cheers,
Darrell.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
I avoided ordering off them for years then placed one a year or so ago and it arrived fine. This ones just frustrating as I'm getting no responses. I get they're busy but it is poor.