Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim - Secondary Missions card decks  (Read 1321 times)

Gabbi

Mordheim - Secondary Missions card decks
« on: December 28, 2015, 08:14:36 PM »
One of my gaming group is about to start a Mordheim campaign. We have discussed about multiplayer games (i.e. more than two) and how to avoid that someone could be bashed by the others (deliberately or because by bad luck all attacks against his models hit while other players have better luck). We looked at Malifaux as a (great) example of game with a great objectives system. In fact, killing stuff is good to make more difficult for the opponent to score, but won't win the game alone. In my experience, it's not so rare that the player that has suffered the more losses wins a game of Malifaux anyway. So we thought of create our own of objectives deck taking from Malifaux, 40K, N3 YAMS, Dark Age and other games with card driven objective system. Then an Idea stuck us: maybe there's already something like this, sufficiently generic to be used across different systems...
So I'm here to ask if such a thing does exist :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:53:17 AM by Gabbi »

Gabbi

Re: Mordheim - Secondary Missions card decks
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:52:06 AM »
We found something even better than what we were looking for: a set of decks specifically designed for Mordheim multiplayer games. And they're also very neatly designed.

I share this great resource for others' benefit: http://modelbrush.com/mordheim-secondary-missions-card-decks/
(I've also changed thread title accordingly).

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 08:58:35 AM »
Great thanks for the link. I keep hearing about mailfuxs missions, but not having the rulebook I dont know how they work. Any chance you could tell me?

Gabbi

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 09:39:54 AM »
Great thanks for the link. I keep hearing about mailfuxs missions, but not having the rulebook I dont know how they work. Any chance you could tell me?
Sure. Basically, you have one main shared public goal (called "Strategy"), randomly chosen from a set of five. Mostly of them revolve around controlling the board and or interacting with stuff on the board. Then you randomly generate four secondary objectives (called "Schemes") to be added to a fifth one that is always available by default. Each player secretly chooses two Schemes to aim for. Some schemes grant more points if revealed. Schemes are very varied, from control to kill to protect to interact. Many of them require the use of Scheme Markers, 30mm marker you can drop at the cost of 1 Action (each model has usually 2 Actions and these are mainly used to move or attack). Points are earned from Strategy and Schemes through the whole game (usually after the first turn), not just at the end.
It's a great system, that allows for very diverse style of play and makes possible to have fair games involving very killy crews against crews that would have no chance in a direct confrontation.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:43:50 AM by Gabbi »

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »
Thanks!