Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tyranids in Frostgrave  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Tyranids in Frostgrave
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:15:14 AM »
So I have a huge Tyranid army from 40k and after a few games I thought what if a rift opened and these things started pouring through like locasts and started killing and eating everything.....
So after some thought I put together some stats for the majority of my Tyranids(I decided to exclude the ones with guns cause they just don't seem to fit)
Now note these are not going to be statted as 40k Tyranids cause they would just be unstoppable and eat everything. No I'm thinking they are like extrademensonal parasites that have come through an unstable rift from another world and found a good place to breed and build a colony.

I'll start with the little ones and work my way up to the big nastys

Homagaunt (Leaper)
Move: 8 Fight: +2 Shoot:0 Armor:12 Will:+3 Health: 8 Shake off control: If effected by mind control it automatically brakes free after one action

The "Leaper" is a scout/outrider of the swarm. It is fast and a decent fighter. Like all these beasts it seems fairly resilient to magic and like all it's kind can only be controlled for short periods with magic.

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Re: Tyranids in Frostgrave
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 01:25:48 AM »
Ripper Swarm
Move:4 Fight:+2 Shoot:0 Armor:10 Will:+3 Health:10 Swarms cannot be controlled by magic and are not hindered by rough terrain or climbing. They take half damage(rounded up) from any attack that is not an area of effect(such as grenade or Elemental Ball spells).

These Swarms consist of dozens of veracious little creatures. Like paranahas they move in packs overwhelming and consuming. Due to their non individual nature they are impossible to control with conventional magics and can only be properly exterminated by large swaths of fire or explosions though they can be whittled down by attrition eventually.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:31:49 AM by Timeshadow »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 02:03:17 AM »
Genestealers (Stalkers)
Move: 7 Fight:+4 Shoot:0 Armor:12 Will:+6 Health: 12 Stealthy: Los counts as blocked if these creatures have any cover. Acrobatic: Rough terrain and climbing do not reduce their movement.

These creatures are the stealthy shock troopers of the swarm. They are swift and silent killers moving through open ground and up walls with the same frighting speed flitting from shadow to shadow until they strike.

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 02:12:02 AM »
Broodlord (Stalker Lord)
Move: 7 Fight:+6 Shoot: 0 Armor:13 Will:+6 Health: 15 Stealthy, Acrobatic, Vicious claws(+2 dmg in melee), Pack activation:Up to 3 Stalkers within 3" of a Stalker Lord will move and attack with it.

A larger pack leader for the "Stalkers" these creatures seem to coordinate the smaller members of it's pack and in so doing make them that much more dangerous. Their vicious claws are said to be able to pierce a steel breastplate with ease.

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 02:21:14 AM »
Tyranid Warrior (Warrior Drones)
Move: 6 Fight:+6 Shoot:0 Armor:14 Will:+6 Health:18 Large, Vicious claws(+2 dmg in melee)

These monsters are the backbone of the hive and are deadly combatants.

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 11:46:53 AM »
Sounds cool! Only missing cost in gold... is the warrior the wizard? Or are they random encounters?
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
More like random encounters but I'm thinking of building a campaine around their invasion/infestation of a section of the ruins of frostgrave. The Zoanthrope Tervigon, Hive Tyrant and Tyranid Prime will be the "casters" and have a limited selection of spells. I'm planning on posting the rest a few at a time.