Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:08:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690860
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Montana Chapter - Preserver Warband (TNT)  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
Montana Chapter - Preserver Warband (TNT)
« on: January 02, 2016, 01:50:28 AM »
I bought myself the rules pdf while on Christmas vacation and painted a few models for my starting warband. I'll be up against a 7 man team of tribals and hopefully I won't be out numbered in the fights. I'm running a small 4 man team of preservers in some power armor.

Lord Reclaimer- Plasma Rifle and Bio hazard suit+2 (122pts)
I still need to pick skills.

Reclaimer - Rifle and Power Armor (110pts)
Field Strip

Reclaimer - Rifle and Power Armor(110pts)
Field Strip

Heal-O-Matic(37pts)
Clever and Medic

379 points total

Any suggestions on skills are appreciated. I'm still going through most of the rules.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:03:51 AM by Noctuary »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Re: Montana Chapter - Preserver Warband (TNT)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »
Looks like a good start to me!  :) I am hoping to do the same as you some time early in the new year and paint up two small starter warbands and some scenery.  I'd do it now, but I kind of started a large Frostgrave project which I need to make some progress on first...  lol

Offline rollawaythestone

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 02:31:19 AM »
These guys look awesome! I really want to do a Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave warband... It's just slightly tricky to build a 400 pt list with all power armor guys.

Some skills to consider:

Motivator - this one will let your guys activate on a 3+ (4+ for the Heal-o-matic) which will be important with such a small warband.
Bold - your power armor will be blocking tons of shots, but that won't stop all the Mettle checks to keep from running away. That's where Bold will come in.
Marksman - probably the most useful skill for a ranged combatant.
Gunsmith - don't let a unlucky Jam! prevent your small warband from kicking butt.

Technically, also, your Lord Reclaimer can't wield the Gatling Laser - as you need Up-Armed to wield Support Weapons. But that would make an awesome Plasma Rifle instead?

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 02:34:21 AM »
I agree with all of the above, with a particular emphasis on Motivator, as it maximizes your chances of getting a full 8AP out of your models, especially against the potential 14AP your opponent can throw at you. You also might find something like Flurry of Blows useful, in case your opponent is running a melee heavy list with a bunch of tribal warriors designed to mob up on you. Burst weapons or explosives are also good for that.

Also, coming from a Tribal player who regularly outnumbers his opponent, don't forget to focus on objectives. I generally find myself winning objective based games, even though most of my Tribal Warriors are dead by the last round.

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 03:15:59 AM »
@Hup n at em 
Thanks, I still have some legion models to make up for a second warband. Hopefully you can find the time to paint up your miniatures as I enjoy seeing other people's work.

@rollaway
Good catch. Looks like I need to do more reading and the plasma rifle will work for now v.v
I also have 4 Enclave in power armor that I was considering on using over the BoS but I'm glad I went with these guys.Thanks for the input on the skills.

@Wulfram
Motivator looks like a pretty good skill and one I was considering. I'm just not sure what to expect in the game yet. I just got another 20 points to spend I might pick up some explosives.

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 05:30:05 AM »
Large Caliber is also a nice upgrade: 5 points for a permanent strength boost to a ranged weapon is pretty nifty, especially against armored up leaders and elites.

I'm not sure if any of your models possess the Survival skill tree, but Ranger is a useful skill, especially for objective games.