Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:49:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686487
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] I Bury The Gods, a new game for fantasy skirmish campaigns  (Read 5282 times)

Gabbi

Re: [COMMERCIAL] I Bury The Gods, a new game for fantasy skirmish campaigns
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »
Just finished reading the latest revision. Every change and addition sound very good and an improvement. Eager to try the new revised rules! :)

I would have some questions:

1) p. 9 under "steady aim" it is written "by spending her first action" then "this is a free action". Spending and free sound a bit in contrast to me. Maybe it is a "simple" action?

2) p. 9 Armor works always or just when the soldier having the trait is defending?
I ask because if working both ways, a soldier wearing armor would hit easier its target.
Either way, I would advise in clearly stating it in the trait description.

3) p. 12 Scout says it ignores the effect of broken grounds. Is it intended for movement purposes only, or it ignores effects on broken ground on melee too?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline HYPERPOWER!

• Bookworm
    • I Bury The Gods
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 08:30:44 PM »
Hi Gabbi,

Thanks for your feedback!

1) You're right, "free action" should read "simple action" instead. I've made this change in 1.2.2. Thanks for picking up on this.

2) The rule says "If a soldier with armor is the target of an Archery or a Martial test..." (emphasis for the sake of this post only). I feel like this is enough to convey that it will only apply on defending.

3) It's both. I'll add a bit to the trait's description to make it clearer. If you have the scout trait, but your opponent doesn't, her Martial tests will be difficult on broken ground while yours won't.

Best wishes,
Michael
Check out I BURY THE GODS, a fun and intuitive ruleset for skirmish games in a demon-infested world. Visit www.iburythegods.com for more information.

Offline HYPERPOWER!

• Bookworm
    • I Bury The Gods
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 11:18:18 PM »
Howdy!

Just wanted to let folks know that I Bury The Gods has now been updated a few times based on the feedback from reviewers.

Steepled Hat Studios have been uploading a series of Let’s Plays to show off the game. Here’s the latest video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/qOZuD0Rqvic

I've also updated the website so that it’s more mobile friendly (CSS media queries, woo!): www.iburythegods.com

There’s a preview document with most of the basic rules for you to download, too.

Best wishes,
Michael