Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:07:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wargaming Resolutions  (Read 2586 times)

Offline roberto

• Assistant
    • A frightful bestiary
Wargaming Resolutions
« on: January 01, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »
So in attempt to tame the Dragon that is my Wargaming addiction I've written a list of Wargaming resolutions on my blog http://afrightfulbestiary.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/new-years-wargaming-resolution.html

I realise its probably a futile attempt at control, but out of interest anyone else have any Wargaming related resolutions? Or just wargaming plans for 2016?

Edit: just realised theres a similar thread already, can't find the delete button ::)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:24:46 PM by roberto »

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Re: Wargaming Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 07:26:59 PM »
I had already started,sold some stuff I lost interest in or was impulse buys,and still  got stuff to sell when I can get to it,
Try and get time to assemble and paint what I want to keep.
And try to only have couple projects preferably one sci fi style and one fantasy .

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »
I have one gaming resolution for this year:

Not to BUY any more Fantasy figures.

Fantasy is my real weakness when it comes to the "oooh shiny" syndrome and the flood of really cool looking Kickstarter fantasy games and ranges has resulted in a massive overspend on Fantasy figures.

So, no more Fantasy purchases for 2016. No figures, no rules, no boxed games.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:28:31 PM »
My resolutions:
1. Buy whatever the hell I want. I have no other hobbies, I work all the damn time, all my money and  free time goes to my family, I don't drink or smoke or chase skirts... I don't even go out to see the movies I want to. So if I want to buy some more lead for my one indulgence, I will.
2. I'm not going to sell or trade away old tat to buy new, or to re-buy old that I sold so the cycle repeats. Its mine, and I'm keeping it!
3. Play some f#^king games! I've got the systems I want, I've got the minis I need, and there are a few local fellows that have expressed some interest in playing, and they have minis too! Time to get my thumb out, and get some sort of club going.

Collect, paint, play, have fun. 2016 Lead Pledge sorted.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 01:09:43 AM »
Mine are simple:

-Reduce the pile.
-Keep the progress.
-Get SnS V2 out (this is almost done already)
-Get CCC on the road to playtesting.
-Play more games.
-Attend conventions (missed all of them last year).

2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 08:12:35 AM »
My wargaming resolutions are quite basic:
-Enjoy my hobby.
-Do stuff.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:21:56 AM »
For me

- Use my time better.
- Paint more stuff.
- Enjoy.
- Spend less - which should be the easist bit this year as I won't have it to spend anyway!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 09:18:53 AM »
I'm normally not one for things like New Year's Resolutions (because I think you ought to know what you're supposed to be doing all-year round anyway, much in the same way as "Hallmark" days are things you should be doing all the time anyway), but I'll join in this time with some goals:

Malifaux

1) Finish my December and McMourning Malifaux crews. Should be easy, but I'm a slow painter an easily distracted. I reckon I've got some 16 models plus some 20-ish bases to paint to get this done.

2) Assemble some Malifaux-specific terrain. I have lots of Old West stuff bought just for this game, and I need to get on and build it. I have my eye on some "Brown Stone" style townhouses too, but I don't want to even get them until I've done the other terrain first.

3) Play some Malifaux games with my new models and terrain!

Beyond The Gates Of Antares

4) Finish my Antares Concord forces (why did I have to choose white...). I have about 1000pts of stuff for this, and have only made a start on about half of it. It's my current WIP though, so I'm hopeful. This force is about 52 models total, and I reckon I'll have about a third of that complete by the end of this January.

5) Paint my Antares Algoryn forces. I again have about 1000pts of metal models, but these are untouched so far. They all need cleaning up, assembling, priming, painting, basing, etc. This force is also about 52 models total, and I had planned a striking black and red scheme for these.

6) Finish my Antares terrain. I have alien jungles, plus a lot of other plants and natural features already. However, I would like to add in some rocks, a landing pad, crates, transporter pads, and a some secure/military/lab facilities scenery too. I have the stuff bought, and it's easy enough to do - I just need to get on with it!

7) Play some Antares games with my new models and terrain!

Warmachine

8 ) Paint some Cygnar. I have fairly complete armies for 7 of the 11 game factions, and not one model is painted! I would like to get a couple of Jacks, a couple of squads, and a Warcaster painted for my first faction - some 15 models or so.

9) Play some Warmachine games with my new models!

Warhammer

10) Finish my regiment of Dark Elf Black Guard. I have 20 models that are in early WIP stages, and I'd like to get them finished.

11) Finish (sculpted top, magnets in the bottom, then paint) the next 60 bases for this army, and mount the Corsairs I have finished on them. Also, the Black Guard when they're done.

12) Make some magnetised movement trays with sheet steel and black velour.

So, an ambitious year plan! Over 160 models, and around 200 bases to do - plus terrain.

That said, I have got a lot of these prepped already (and even started in a few cases), so it's not outside the realms of possibility to actually achieve this. B)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 10:59:28 AM »
Painting

I want to try and speed up my painting a bit. However, I also feel the quality of my work is getting worse, so I'd like to try and reverse the slide, ideally without taking longer to paint things o_o.

I painted virtually no scenery or vehicles last year, so I need to get caught up with them (hopefully the airbrush compressor still works)

Adding to the lead pile

I have more than enough figures for the projects I have on the go at the moment, so I'm going to try and limit myself to individual figures. Having said that, I've been fighting with myself over Christmas, trying to avoid buying Star Wars Imperial Assualt. Fortunately the price just jumped up on Amazon, so that has made the decision easier  :)

Gaming

I managed one game last year, and that was on the 31st December! I'm going to try and at least double that total this year :) I have loads of plans, but never seem able to make the time to sit down and play :(

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
"More painting, less posting".  Failed already  ;D

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 06:32:02 PM »
"Make no resolutions."  lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline zorg

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 04:17:11 PM »
1.) work on my 6mm scifi project

2.) conquer the world and rule with an iron fist
understanding is a three-edged sword

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
My resolutions:
1. Buy whatever the hell I want. I have no other hobbies, I work all the damn time, all my money and  free time goes to my family, I don't drink or smoke or chase skirts... I don't even go out to see the movies I want to. So if I want to buy some more lead for my one indulgence, I will.
2. I'm not going to sell or trade away old tat to buy new, or to re-buy old that I sold so the cycle repeats. Its mine, and I'm keeping it!
3. Play some f#^king games! I've got the systems I want, I've got the minis I need, and there are a few local fellows that have expressed some interest in playing, and they have minis too! Time to get my thumb out, and get some sort of club going.

Collect, paint, play, have fun. 2016 Lead Pledge sorted.

QFT...  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!