Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Goalsystem delves minus the rpg elements?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline deathjester25

• Scientist
Goalsystem delves minus the rpg elements?
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »
Has anyone given delves a try with out using the classes and playing it more like mordhiem?
I just picked up a bunch of pathfinder goblins and warlord dwarves and I just want to play more of a straight up skirmish.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Goalsystem delves minus the rpg elements?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
Not familiar with the rules but usually "levels"of some kind are in RPGs so maybe make every figure the same level?

What RPG elements do you want to drop?  Can't they just be ignored or equalized in some way?

Gracias,

Glenn

the confused
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
I gave the rules a try, but was baffled with the "Class" trait. It looks like any important roll is made against this [class] value; anyway it is already pretty much a skirmish game. But if you want to keep things simple, I feel Goalsystem fantasy could be your cup of tea.
Instagram profile: the_mediocre_wargamer

Offline deathjester25

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »
Well it seems to be written as a pcs vs gm controlled warband game. All the other goalsystem games are warband vs warband. Im just wondering if delves could work like that too.

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:32 AM »
Well it seems to be written as a pcs vs gm controlled warband game. All the other goalsystem games are warband vs warband. Im just wondering if delves could work like that too.

Hey Death,

I play Delves a fair bit, but a little confused by your question. If you wanted to do more of a skirmish game you can pit warbands against each other fairly easily. Just pick a point total and go from there.  As to goblins they are in the bestiary and you can find their point value. If you wanted to customize certain goblin models you can create them from scratch with the character creation rules adding 10 points per level of the character. Same can be done for the Dwarves.  I've never played Mordhiem so I can't really speak to it.

If I am misunderstanding what you mean let me know :-) I'd like to assist if I can.

Cheers,

Tenz

Offline deathjester25

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 02:11:26 AM »
Hey Death,

I play Delves a fair bit, but a little confused by your question. If you wanted to do more of a skirmish game you can pit warbands against each other fairly easily. Just pick a point total and go from there.  As to goblins they are in the bestiary and you can find their point value. If you wanted to customize certain goblin models you can create them from scratch with the character creation rules adding 10 points per level of the character. Same can be done for the Dwarves.  I've never played Mordhiem so I can't really speak to it.

If I am misunderstanding what you mean let me know :-) I'd like to assist if I can.

Cheers,

Tenz

Yeah thats pretty much what I meant. So just use monster creation rules for everything?

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »
Yeah thats pretty much what I meant. So just use monster creation rules for everything?

Thats what I would do. We play all adventures and haven't done the skirmish set but it should be fairly start forward, pretty similar to Chaos in Carpathia. Just set a point value for your warbands and build to it.

The cool thing about it, is you can customize your guys as I mentioned so that each model can be good at something rather then having a vanilla "warrior".

If you need anything else drop me a line.

Tenz