Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690862
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Down the Docks with Fenris Games: (AKA The Commander's Trip Daan Saaf!)  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Well on my last trip south east at the end of November, I took a little break from zombie killing and me and my mate Al toddled over the Dartford Crossing and met up with Geronimo over at his studios and workshops at Chatham Historic Dockyard.

I took a few piccies and thought I'd share then with you lot.

Ian does some serious work as a sideline to Fenris games (;)) which gets him some spending money.

http://www.mcmodelmaking.co.uk/

Creating amazing scale architectural models, designs and layouts and display and commerical pieces

6mm zombie game anyone?  :D

(if you've suffered a trip with young ones to cadbury's world then you've seen their work in miniature from the cadbury's bunny to the cholocate beans, and the coronation street scene to name a few).

Snuurg's workdesk had a few interesting big sculpts on it from the old roleplaying days:

(This was a futuristic milkfloat used for a cereal advert on the telly a while back).

Anyway back to Fenris stuff.

Where the 'magic happens' [size=9]tm[/size]:

Geronimo cast up some urban bases for me while I was there, never seen the vac process before, pretty cool to see resin go from a little splat to a sculpted base in the space of a few mins.

Few things on the sculpting table:

And of course the bloody amazing balsa laser carved sign for Salute:

Ian's was also working on a load of old resin scenery for Salute which if it all comes together is going to look really tidy indeed, (you can also make out the clear space hulk room floorplans in the forground).

Also saw the 1/50 plans for tower bridge that never saw the light of day for the salute table...fecking mahoosive and would have looked amazing as a post apoc gaming table, (Akula imagine the battle of yonkers in WWZ UK style!!).

We also had a look at the Deep One greens:

(My fav angler fish one). Though still to cast up.

But in all of this, the thing that really set me off was this future modern/sc-fi APC that Ian built I think about ten years ago.!!!!!! :shock:

I'm gonna put a poll up for this as it's fecking awesome, he's still got the master and Jebus Christ on a holy bike  :o I want one!!!

So after having a slap up brunch over at the local greasy spoon we left Geronimo to his resin and vac pumps, had a little wander round the docks and trundled back to Chelmsford for another zombie game.

Cheers again for the nose around mate appreciated.

The Commander
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:41:00 AM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: Down the Docks with Fenris Games: (AKA The Commander's Trip Daan Saaf!)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:18:24 PM »
 :o

No words...

that is my objective now, ... in the next 1000 years...