Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Globlin’s Fantasy Warbands – Reducing Lead Mountain - More Goblins  (Read 8001 times)

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
Re: Globlin’s Fantasy Warbands – Reducing Lead Mountain
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
Looking good so far! I really like the Gobbos ( always had a soft spot for the little green gits). I've got some really old Citadel stuff stored away somewhere, including a crazy looking Goblin Witchdoctor......

Regards
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 01:47:55 PM »
EXCELLENT WORK! All the COOL Old Minis painted up in FINE fashion...I do have a warm spot in my heart for the Goblins however.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 09:59:18 AM »
Phew it's been a few weeks but I'm finally back with an update! Although I haven't had chance to post in the last month or so, luckily I've still managed to keep up with the painting.

To kick of this bit of threadomancy it's probably fitting that that I start with some undead - some citadel skeletons:

And seeing as though the first three went down so well, some more citadel goblins - Um-Bag (axe), Hagbagg (sword) and a spear wielding goblin that I couldn't find the name for - the gobo with no name!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:01:34 AM by Globlin »
Adventures? Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »
The Orcs, Goblins, & Deadite are all BEAUTIFULLY painted creations...the Orcs brown skin tones are a nice touch. GREAT WORK!

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 06:08:14 PM »
Great figures in this thread just to my taste! I like the new batch and looks like you sorted out the shine issues of the early ones.

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 09:22:46 PM »
Thanks for the support guys! More to follow hopefully.

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 01:32:44 PM »
Afternoon all, managed to get some more painting done this week. Nothing too special, but it's another two finished!

First up a Marauder Miniatures dwarf, who I've christened "Purple Beard" for obvious reasons! Apologies the first pic is a little blurry.

The next one is a Citadel/Gamesworkshop mini from the Lord of the Rings range - Saruman in his guise as "Sharkey" during the scouring of the Shire. I picked him up cheap from ebay and have chosen a paint scheme, which I think would work for either a good guy or bad guy.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 01:39:23 PM »
Two FINE additions to your collection...VERY WELL DONE once more!

Offline barbaric splendor

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 07:25:37 AM »
Really like what you did with Saruman - nice work!

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 06:50:15 PM »
Bit of a while since I last posted, but I've not been idle! Some Citadel Imperial Dwarfs this time.

Brond, Weazy and Thombear, all ready to bust some goblin heads! Really like this range, lots of character, although Thombear on the end is a tad goofy looking....

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
Some more vertically challenged types. Again Citadel Imperial Dwarfs, this time Ulfar and Mordin.

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 05:10:55 PM »
Another update! Nothing too special, an Otherworld Miniatures Mercenary Swordsman and a Ral Partha Knight.

Sir Jon of Tewkesbury and his loyal retainer Dickon. Sir Jon claims to be both a Knight of the Round Table and a Knight of the Garter. An outrageous claim that only Sir Jon's lethal skill with a sword deters others from questioning!

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 07:23:45 PM »
Lovely minis indeed! And truly funny piece of background you wrote for Sir Jon.  lol

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »
Lovely minis indeed! And truly funny piece of background you wrote for Sir Jon.  lol

Thanks Moshes!

Here's some more completed minis. First of what I think may be a Heartbreaker Fantasy Orc. Some of this range are still available from Ral Partha Uk: http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/heartbreaker-miniatures-28mm-c-115/heartbreaker-fantasy-c-115_192/ As you can see he's quite a big old lump. I'm using him as a thug henchman for the wizard posted earlier.

Tanner the Half-Ogre. Once a member of the infamous warband "Da Bloo Rinse Boyz", Tanner has fallen on hard times since the Bloo Rinse Boyz were destroyed by the High King's army at Bredon Hill. Tanner now makes ends meet by petty brigandage and bodyguard work for petty evil masterminds 

The next two are a pair of Ral Partha Men-at-Arms. Nothing too special and fairly basic paint jobs, they'll do as arrow fodder. They're a little on the small side, more true 25mm than 28mm.

Gilbert and Sullivan, mercenaries for hire. Ideal for those times when an adventuring party needs a bit of extra muscle or a merchant's caravan needs protecting

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Wow some awesome paintjobs here :D I love that female Half orc its on my to get list but I really love that Half ogre mini he looks a beast!