Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:21:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690815
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Globlin’s Fantasy Warbands – Reducing Lead Mountain - More Goblins  (Read 8006 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Great stuff - especially the half-ogre and the mercenaries with the painted wallets!

The goblin with the spear that you couldn't identify above is a Marauder one: I think he's the wolfrider shown bottom-left here.

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
Wow some awesome paintjobs here :D I love that female Half orc its on my to get list but I really love that Half ogre mini he looks a beast!

Cheers, you're too kind! To be honest most of my painting is just base coat, a wash of army painter strong tone and maybe a bit of highlighting if I can be bothered.

The goblin with the spear that you couldn't identify above is a Marauder one: I think he's the wolfrider shown bottom-left here

Good spot Hobgoblin - I wondered why he was a bit bandy legged - I just put it down to rickets brought on by a poor diet of rats and mushrooms! I think I've got two more of those wolf riders already based up on foot and awaiting painting. Maybe I should chop them off their bases and see if I can find some suitable mounts for them.
Adventures? Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Good spot Hobgoblin - I wondered why he was a bit bandy legged - I just put it down to rickets brought on by a poor diet of rats and mushrooms! I think I've got two more of those wolf riders already based up on foot and awaiting painting. Maybe I should chop them off their bases and see if I can find some suitable mounts for them.

Quite so (re: rats and mushrooms).I wouldn't worry - so many of the orc/goblin models from that period are interchangeable foot/cavalry types. Lots of those sold as cavalry had the same bodies as models sold as infantry.

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
Apologies for the threadomancy, but I realised I had a few more goblins painted that I hadn't shared. They are Citadel C-Series Goblins:

These happy trio are Glaag, Rag and Ogglod.

I've also painted up a Crusader Miniatures crossbowman. Nothing special, just base coat and a dip, but good enough for a henchman!