Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689786
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Miners from Sloppy Jalopy  (Read 4487 times)

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
New Miners from Sloppy Jalopy
« on: December 13, 2015, 08:54:17 AM »
Hi chaps

New Miner chaps from Sloppy Jalopy after a bit of a wait and they do look rather nice and this is my thoughts on them. Firstly I would like to say a big thanks to Sloppy Jalopy for these as they are rather special and something that the world of VBCW has been looking for a wee while, a set of decent, militia types that can be used for a number of different worker and non worker types, let me explain.

Yes these militiamen have been designed to be miners, with miners helmets and lamps but there also as separate heads which means that with a little bit thought and very little conversion, actually none, just head swaps, these chaps can double up as a Local Defence Militia or a Workers Defence Committee to a regular, generic civilian militia to a trade union militia. In fact they can be used for about just anything you can imagine for VBCW and also other civilian unit for different periods like a Home Guard unit for WW2 or a workers militia for SCW to a civilian unit for RCW or the German Civil War not to mention being used for more modern periods and Spy-Fi.

The actual pack has a good mix of poses and is very characterful.There are eleven figures in the pack which includes a commander holding a Miner's Lamp, a lewis gunner and number two, two banner bearers for those large union banners or you could have two banner bearers, and a mix of six rifle and shotgun armed men, one throwing some dynamite, all wearing civilian clothing, suits, jacket and trousers, jumpers or shirts. Added to the mix of bodies are the mix of different heads where you get bowler hats, flat caps, bare heads and of course miner's hats. I am told by Sloppy Jalopy that they will be doing the head separately as well as other types of heads in the future which means that you can get even more from this unit, straw hats anyone?

Now you would of thought that all this would cost you at least the same price of Empress or Footsore but you would be wrong as they only cost £15.00 for eleven figures, thats a real bargain, so pop over to Sloppy Jalopy and arm yourself with these, thats what I say.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:14:58 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
Re: New Miners from Sloppy Japoly
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »
Nice looking bunch of figures, the Cannock Miners Tackeroo Troop in the offing I feel.

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
 :-* :-*  Thankyou...a most excellent post Mr P.K...a very welcome arrival...these look absolutely the biz and for my money are the best looking figures to enter the VBCW arena for some time...I love the look of them and the head swap idea makes for endless possibilities...money will be going of to Sloppy Jalopy come tomorrow morning...new faction on the way...marvellous stuff
Figures painted 2020 : 100

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
I am glad that you like them chaps and BC I think you are right. Just need Sloppy to do some urban types and some rural types and that all the bases covered.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: New Miners from Sloppy Jalopy
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »
Couldn't see them on the website.
Is there a link?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 09:58:58 PM »
Very cool looking figures.
Great idea about different heads.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 06:56:38 AM »

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
Oo, I like the look of those. A couple of heads with berets and they'd fit in nicely as French resistance fighters.  ;)
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline archiduque

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 12:05:29 PM »
Nice work!! ;)

Offline mysteriousbill

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 06:50:17 PM »
Uggh Banner Bearers. Two wasted figures out of a pack of 11.

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 12:25:17 AM »

I'll buy them off you....my chaps love following banners  :D   ....and with head swaps these figures will now save me the hassle of carving away at rifles etc in order to create banner men

Offline mysteriousbill

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 10:31:02 PM »
OK if I buy some I'll get in touch with you. Do you think they'd work with Ironcald Miniatures armed miners?

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 07:30:16 AM »
They are the same size but better posed and more detailed, in my opinion, but should fit in fine. I will take a photo or two for you to see the difference.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 11:30:00 PM »

and if you don't want banners you could always try for an improvised anti-tank weapon (bomb on a stick etc) or a simple polearm.

otherwise I'd be happy to take any spares too.