Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:51:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Monster Hunting (PA miniature painting)  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
Monster Hunting (PA miniature painting)
« on: January 17, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
I picked up a few pulp alley miniatures and got Mak table ready. I have Gauge left to paint and I ordered a pre painted Pulp Girl so I'll be sure to post that when I get it. I really like these sculpts and the scale of them as well.

More to come when I get the time and money.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Monster Hunting (PA miniature painting)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:12:08 PM »
Fine work, Montana! Looks like he's ready for some Pulp Alley action.

It took Mila a few days to get a new Pulp Girl finished, but we got it in the mail -- along with some bonus cards.  ;)

HAVE FUN

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:47:44 PM »
looks great.  can't wait to see how gauge turns out; i'm still working on mine and have stripped/repainted it about 3 times so far - just can't decide on colors.  i agree, all the PA/statuesque miniatures are really good - they straddle the line between detailed and easy to paint; just enough on both sides to be fun.

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:33:08 AM »
just can't decide on colors

Do what I do when I can't figure out what colours to use: Take a picture of the miniature, then open photoshop and roughly sketch in some colors. You can put different areas in separate layers and twiddle them individually.

It doesn't have to be accurate, it just has to give you a rough idea of what the end result would look like painted.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 06:23:16 AM »
@Pete
Thanks. I dig the paint jobs over on your thread. Your Mak almost made me go with lighter color choices but I took an easier route for me ;D
I will probably get Gauge painted up over the weekend if my child and wife allow it   o_o

@d Phipps
The order showed up today and Mila did an excellent job. Thanks for the bonus cards as well.

I'm still a ways off on the game but I'm probably going to repaint my batch of cultists for a starting game versus the hunters.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 05:11:55 PM »
@Pete
Thanks. I dig the paint jobs over on your thread. Your Mak almost made me go with lighter color choices but I took an easier route for me ;D
I will probably get Gauge painted up over the weekend if my child and wife allow it   o_o

@d Phipps
The order showed up today and Mila did an excellent job. Thanks for the bonus cards as well.

I'm still a ways off on the game but I'm probably going to repaint my batch of cultists for a starting game versus the hunters.

Great! Glad you like them!

HAVE FUN

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
That is such an excellent figure!

Nice!

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 07:19:40 PM »
Do what I do when I can't figure out what colours to use: Take a picture of the miniature, then open photoshop and roughly sketch in some colors. You can put different areas in separate layers and twiddle them individually.

It doesn't have to be accurate, it just has to give you a rough idea of what the end result would look like painted.

@fram - i usually have a good idea initially but sometimes i change my mind in the middle - i try not to plan too much otherwise i'd never get started.  but more frequently the skin tones cause me trouble - which is what i'm struggling with right now.  i think i have it ironed out finally after 3 tries but we'll see once i get the detail work done.  stay tuned.

@noctuary - thanks for the compliments.